What Prop 'brand' do you use?

Good morning all.

I was a customer of Graupner eProps until their recent issue (http://www.graupner.de/en/newsdetail/0d57a0df-e859-4fb4-8177-6209865d4a03) and not having seen any stock return to the shelves of the LHS - or even the international stockists, I'm wondering what props are being used by the multi-rotor community ... and why. Even Graupners own website seems to have removed the eProp from their list of available props (http://www.graupner.de/en/products/a89e2b45-bcea-4325-991e-48ddcb3c85e9/productcategory.aspx) - so the hunt is on!

Selecting a prop is more than just brand size, pitch and construction (Wood, CF, Nylon, etc), but there are several other factors that all play a part in selecting which prop we choose to mount. What are your reasons for choosing the props that you mount?

This may open up a proverbial 'can of worms' - and all opinions (or factually based input) is welcomed. eCalc is a tool that many of us use to select the best 'combination' of weight, motor, esc, battery and prop to get the best flight times - but nothing beats your actual experience.

So Which 'BRAND'. SIZE (Length and pitch) and construction of prop do you use for the MR that you are flying: Graupner eProp, APC, XOAR, Mejzlik, TM, DJI, GAUI, MPI, Gemfan, Dualsky .... etc?

Thanks.

Holy ****. Talk about rubbish management at Graupners - to have full order books, yet still go insolvent. One certainly hopes the management were booted. Suddenly the stock issues some are reporting make sense.

Re: Brands. I do like my T-motor carbon props, but having a real hard time getting originals in the big sizes. I'm running some clones right now because there's not stock issues, but quality is down, and my confidence also.

Will be wanting to try Xoar's match pairs (carbon again) in the future, once I learn to stop crashing the damned thing...:upset:

Xoar - I've had good luck with them. I've flown the wooden ones for almost a year and put a ton of flights on 'em. They're tougher than they look. They're pretty well balanced out of the bag (the carbon ones are perfect). The pricing is good and they make them in a ton of sizes and pitches. Sometimes stock is low, but usually with some hunting I can track down the size I need.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Xoar - I've had good luck with them. I've flown the wooden ones for almost a year and put a ton of flights on 'em. They're tougher than they look. They're pretty well balanced out of the bag (the carbon ones are perfect). The pricing is good and they make them in a ton of sizes and pitches. Sometimes stock is low, but usually with some hunting I can track down the size I need.

ditto (haven't tried the carbon ones)

Thanks Olemil.

While I understand that TBS still has some stock - for how long? Plus, there are possibly *better* props out there that we need to know about. As Graupner may not be the only company to succumb to the pressures of the hobby business and stop making your favorite prop, I was hoping to have a forum to share what other MR pilots are using - and possibly why - so that we might find an alternate prop before we *have to*.

For my own MR's 1. F450 = Graupner 8 x 5 (4S1P/2600), DW CX4 = Graupner 11 x 5 (4S1P/5000) and the TBS Disco is flying with Graupner 9 x 5 (4S1P/5000).

Holy ****. Talk about rubbish management at Graupners - to have full order books, yet still go insolvent. One certainly hopes the management were booted. Suddenly the stock issues some are reporting make sense.

Re: Brands. I do like my T-motor carbon props, but having a real hard time getting originals in the big sizes. I'm running some clones right now because there's not stock issues, but quality is down, and my confidence also.

Will be wanting to try Xoar's match pairs (carbon again) in the future, once I learn to stop crashing the damned thing...:upset:

Silverburn - T-Motor props look great but I haven't found them in the 8 and 9 inch sizes. I'm guessing that there are adapters for the mount that is required.
Dale.

holco

We use the Xoar 14x6 on the Plettenberg motors.

Forget the carbon T-motor propellers, they are less efficient then the Graupner E propellers ;)

Benjamin,

Where are you shopping for your XOAR props?

Electric Wingman *had* the 8 x 5 Graunpers for 11.44 / pair ($5.72/ea before shipping). I haven't been able to find a better price. TBS has a set of 4 (2CW/2CCW) 9 x 5 for $30 ($7.50/ea before shipping).

While I know that it's not always about price, I'd rather not have to spend money for props that I could use for something else?

Dale.

Benjamin,

Where are you shopping for your XOAR props?

Electric Wingman *had* the 8 x 5 Graunpers for 11.44 / pair ($5.72/ea before shipping). I haven't been able to find a better price. TBS has a set of 4 (2CW/2CCW) 9 x 5 for $30 ($7.50/ea before shipping).

While I know that it's not always about price, I'd rather not have to spend money for props that I could use for something else?

Dale.

I shop for them wherever I can find them in stock.