What happens when a wasp gets behind your glasses

Macsgrafs

Went out yesterday with my Trex600 & popped 4 lipos through her & plenty of autos...1st time in about 1 year I have flown her, missed her to may I add.
So today I took my little F16 & my wooden quad out with gopro on top filming the flight. The 1st battery went well, great fun so I popped in the second battery & was having a blast when a B*****D of a wasp decided to buzz my face & then proceed to get behind the lens of my glasses...oh dear, here's what happened:-

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomstoy2

Oh dear! Hope you didn't get stung! Bastard wasps. I crashed into a tree last year ans she stuck in there up high. Had to use a pole and a hoop to get her out. Damn tree was full of the yellow buggers. Next time I hovered around the trees and my Hexa came back with goo all over the thing.

ChrisViperM

Hey Ross....got the shivers when I saw your crash and could actually feel your panic at the same time.....hope your eyes are all right. Hardware can be repaired, with eyesight it's a bit different

Keep it up....

Chris

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Dude! no one told you to carry wasp spray when you fly? maybe the new fatsharks will have a citronella candle built in as well. Sorry for the loss. All joking aside that would be highly annoying.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I know that feeling, was out on the motorcycle once when a bee flew into the space between the top of my sunglasses and the helmet and wound up stinging me on the forehead right between the eyes, OUCH!!!

Since I'm allergic to the little Bas@@@ds I made a quick detour to the nearest hospital for a shot of Epi, now I make sure to carry an injector with me everywhere I go.

Ken

Macsgrafs

I'm fine thanks guys, quad is a right off..so now getting a Y650 & gonna Terminator her up a bit ;)
As for the wasp..he got away this time, but it taught me a valuable lesson..make sure any FC I buy in future has auto level, at least I could have dropped the box & run around like a nutter for a while ;)

Ross

Teamflail

I don't know how you do not spend all of your time hunting down wasps and killing them every second of every day. Well, I guess vengeance is not a reason to live by. Sorry to hear (see) your crash and I feel your pain.

Macsgrafs

Thanks Team Flail, the pain is gone, so I went out with my trex600 heli for the 1st time in over 1 year..had a great time ;)

Ross

Last edited by a moderator: