What did you do with your DJI Phantom 3 today?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok guys, starting a thread to see what everyone is doing with their Phantom 3's! I have to admit I was skeptical of this little guy, but at the end of the day, this new version is proving to be very usable and getting great results!

The following was shot on my P3 Pro. It's a combine graveyard that I have passed for 10 years always wanting to shoot it. Well, thanks to the portability and minimal set up of the P3 I was finally able to stop and film it..

View attachment 25062

SO.. what did you film today with your Phantom 3?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 10.34.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 10.34.35 AM.png
    640.6 KB · Views: 464

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Not very smart! It's against the law to fly later then 1 hour after sunset.

Only illegal commercially. If dude was in a private lot and was not flying over anyone.. no issues. Seems to be a safe distance and the video is pretty awesome!

Bfeagle

I had an observer and stayed clear of the fireworks. Was flying over buildings and parking lots away from the open fields and a park with spectators watching. The telemetry and map on the tablet helped to insure that.

Thanks SleepyC.

Pumpkinguy

video was good but would have been better with Oh Canada!

Flew the p3 today for the first time. Sounds different, has more zip and way better gps hold than the p2 but pretty much flys exactly like the P2. Its a great package of features for a reasonable price.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
If your flying an RC under anything but VFR daytime flight rules your just asking for trouble.;)

Yea but Quads and even single rotor hell's are EASIER to fly at night VFR with LED's. I can whip an acro quad around like a champ at night as orientation is EASY!

bneal

I had an observer and stayed clear of the fireworks. Was flying over buildings and parking lots away from the open fields and a park with spectators watching. The telemetry and map on the tablet helped to insure that.

Thanks SleepyC.
Looks like a safe distance, don't know what was under the copter, and I'm not judging you personally.

But... I work for a large manufacturer that is trying to get a 333 exemption, as well as get one of my photographers certified to shoot commercial video for us. We have applied for the 333, and he has to get a pilots license in order to comply - he has already started flight school. But all the cowboy thrill-seekers out there are not doing the sport/profession any favors by flying these things irresponsibly - I don't care how experienced they are. Antics like that are choking us with more and more regulations.

I was at our local fireworks celebration on the 4th, and some knuckle-head right in front of me pulls out what looked to be a hot-rod P2. In the midst of a packed park, he rockets this thing upward as soon as the first fuse was lit. At the end, it came down like a bullet right in front of him. He is obviously a very experienced flyer, but it enraged me that he would put that crowd at risk like that just to get some bragging-footage.

Please fly responsibly!

Ross Mackay

I can't believe how easy this thing is to use...single op's, its just a dream to fly and produce nice complex moves with the gimbal tilt and yaw combo. I've flown in 70kmh wind, -15 deg C temp & 70kmh, it just sparks up and goes. I have been flying the F450 for 3 years now and its been great but this is worlds apart. Heres a snippet from my last shoot.

Password - P3