Welcome to the batteries and chargers forum on dronevibes

droneadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Here you can discuss and ask questions for our experts on battery technology and chargers.

PJ Brewer

Hello, I have a scratch built 810 mm hexacopter with gimbal, camera and FPV gear...with several thousands dollars flying around my question is what are some reliable brands of batteries out there? What do you use? I am currently using two 8,000 mah Nano-Techs 6S 25C, these batteries are cheap, light weight and have been working well. I am looking for a 10,000 mah or 12,000 mah battery to extend my flight times, the lighter the better. I was looking at the MultiStar line (HobbyKing) but I am concerned about their reliability. I've been told that MaxAmps are very good but OUCH they are expensive! Somewhere in between??? Recommendations...

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
@PJ Brewer , I've had a very good luck with Pulse batteries, also just got my hands on the 22oooMah Venom Drone Battery, which seems to work pretty well at the right price. I've been mostly using Venom batteries in my other RCs (planes, trucks), and never had a problem with one.

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
Hi there @Petr Hejl.

Have you seen these and what is your opinion on them? Maybe you can discuss these on the podcast?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019G7FP34
Hi Louis, really interesting product. Can't really have any opinion (yet), but I have contacted Titan about getting us some of these for a review. Hopefully I can get my hands on a few of these soon and get back to you guys with more.
Thank you for pointing me to these, I really appreciate it!