Welcome to multirotorforums.com!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hello and thanks for visiting multirotorforums.com. Multi-rotor copters are amazing both in what they're capable of doing and how quickly they're evolving. From the most basic beaters to the newest heavy lifters, MRC's are a part of RC flying that most of us wouldn't have imagined even just a few years ago.

I hope that this website will help people new to MRC's to be successful the first time out. I also hope that this website will encourage collaboration between those of us flying MRC's from different manufacturers as we/they continue to improve performance and add capabilities.

I'm currently flying an Oktokopter II from Mikrokopter with an MKTR camera mount so, in the coming weeks, I'll be posting about building and flying my MK and my efforts to get started in commercial aerial photography. Whatever you're building or flying, I encourage you to share your experiences and pictures and feel very free to ask questions.

This site will develop according to suggestions and requests from the members. If there's something you'd like to see then please write to me or post a thread with your suggestion.

As for censorship, there will be little to none except where threats and libelous statements are made. I don't believe in protecting vendors from criticism especially when they aren't practicing good business habits. A dedicated multi-rotor forums community will help the best vendors to stand out and should expose those that aren't giving people their money's worth. Links to products you've found useful or vendors that have given great service are both appreciated and encouraged!

Thanks again for being here.
Bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hi guys,

I'm here too! This should be interesting, being able to post without worrying about stepping on the hosts toes if you know what I mean...

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Good stuff Bart.. I have been barred from a very famous Bike forum for commenting on poor quality of the aluminium welding of a british bike manufacture.. they sponsored the site!

Free speech and constructive criticism + of cause praise is the way forward..

mmurfitt

Love this site, it's proving so useful as I get my head around these new fangled flying machines :)

Great forum software as well!

Bartman

Good Sunday morning/afternoon/evening everyone,

I just logged on and the member count is at 7999!! The site was started over two years ago and I"m in awe seeing what it has become. Thanks to our moderators Ken (aka RTRyder) and Dave (aka Droider), and to all of our members for making multirotorforums.com what it is today.

Hover on,
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
The one constant thing that always flies no matter what the weather light or dark...... No not DJI, Hoverfly, MK, KK, Y6, or any thing man made..
TIME.

Great to be part of this..

Dave

Bartman

First thread from January, 2011 and now we're closing in on 14,000 members!

Read the first post, it still holds true today that we're here to discuss what's working and what isn't. Don't be shy, jump right in and always feel free to ask questions and make suggestions.

Lots of new stuff coming up so stay tuned!

Hi Bart, just wanted to say thanks for the excellent forum, I found it recently and love the topics and comments.
I am fairly new to MRC's after flying RC gliders for a while and really enjoying the whole thing, I am doing my RPAS controllers cert shortly so will hopefully be doing some flying for work soon.
Thanks again
Mike (Perth, WA)

Bartman

Hi Bart, just wanted to say thanks for the excellent forum, I found it recently and love the topics and comments.
I am fairly new to MRC's after flying RC gliders for a while and really enjoying the whole thing, I am doing my RPAS controllers cert shortly so will hopefully be doing some flying for work soon.
Thanks again
Mike (Perth, WA)

Mike,

The pleasure is all mine! I'm jealous that you have a certification program available to enable pro ops!

Bart