Wedding photog smashes groom with Phantom

Kilby

Yes, this is EXACTLY why "photographers" should not try to simply buy a phantom and add aerial photography to their resume. Actions like this are dangerous and will bring the heat down on those of us who do fly responsibly.

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande
I'm sure the dude's already started an rcg thread titled "My phantom just flew off" where he tries to exempt himself from any responsibility involved.
what a dumbass.

RobertsUp

When I first started learning about multirotors back in January I had some money to throw at it. I discovered this forum and the stickys meant for noobies. I took the advice and spent the next 6 months building my first quad. It flies perfectly and I'm still testing it for consistency and reliability. I'm in no hurry to put a GoPro on it.

Even back then, experienced fliers were bemoaning the advent of the Phantom, which anybody can fly out of the box. I avoided an RTF and instead learned to build my own better multirotor.

That video is likely to go viral. I studied it and it's probably not faked.

Such a happening has been predicted ever since the Phantom went on sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTG

Thanks for posting ... I hope other noobs take a peak and understand the importance of learning how to fly safely and responsibly.

I'm just a novice, and I can honestly say that have NO plans to mount any cameras on anything that I fly until I can fly with great skill, confidence and CONTROL.

nicwilke

This is nearly become a non news item. For every one we see on youtube, there is dozens we don't see. One guy demoed a phantom at the local rotary meeting last month, and crashed it into the crowd of tables, spilling wine glasses. Because no one was hurt, it was all a fantastic joke and laugh. This industry is fast-tracked to strict laws.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
If I did that I certainly would not have posted it on YouTube! Makes me think it is fake. Doesn't matter either way as the message is clear. Dumbass!

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
OMG, that probably ruined their day. On the other hand.... WTF was he shooting at that altitude? why not just grab a camera and walk up to the bride and groom? who in their right mind would fly a flying lawn mower in the direction of people...... STUPID MOTHER F'ER.

Can you imagine what he said to them before and after?

(before) Ok, I want you to go stand over there and I will hurl my copter at you, it will be a great effect and you will love the outcome.

(after) See, I told you it would be a good effect, you will both look really good for Halloween now. Your welcome.

Excuse my anger above, people like this annoy the hell out of me. I would not be surprised if this made the news, I really would not. I am not sure if anyone noticed, but it put that guy on the floor, he went down as you can tell when the MR gets to the ground, his leg is level with the ground.

tstrike

pendejo grande
After reading the comments from the guy on utube, I see that the pilot did fess up. This is the kind of stuff that's going to happen when pikers get bored with their phillip bloom pocket dollies and kessler jibs.

yakjock

What a ****! I don't think he knew what type of shot he was going for either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CdA D

What the #@*$ was he thinking, or not! We really don't need this kind of irresponsibility. I hope that those who don't know what their doing will think before acting and BE SAFE!!!! Learn to fly. Really stupid!

tstrike

pendejo grande
I think he was going for the dove's pov to cut in with the shot he just finished of a naked midget on a bigwheel releasing said dove...

nothing says "long term commitment" like a naked midget on a bigwheel imho.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
call me crazy but those two people look like manequins. in the slow motion part it looks like the bride hasn't moved even though she's just been hit.

don't you think they'd have flinched even a little with that crazy thing coming right at their heads?

Bowley

I am sure they are, when the guy falls the legs look rigid and fixed, people dont fall like that, and she does not even move.
probably setup with intention of going viral