Water...

Could be a silly question, but I've seen a few YouTube clips of MR's crash in water, how final is it if that happens? Game over? would you have to replace all electronics & motors? (sounds expensive) or are some parts well sealed & would survive a dunking? I'm particularly interested in DJI's Naza & 450 quad as this is what I'm aiming to build.

Thanks.

Razzil

If your going to be flying over water, I'd recommend a few of these Waterbuoy devices strapped to your rig. Regarding the parts that can be salvaged: As long as you give them time to dry out (maybe in a bag of rice) you might be able to get away with just the ESC's being the only parts damaged. Not sure on the Flight Controller itself.

soler

Could be a silly question, but I've seen a few YouTube clips of MR's crash in water, how final is it if that happens? Game over? would you have to replace all electronics & motors? (sounds expensive) or are some parts well sealed & would survive a dunking? I'm particularly interested in DJI's Naza & 450 quad as this is what I'm aiming to build.

Thanks.

I dropped by F550 into fresh water for about 1 minute, I was able to wade in and get it. I made sure everything was dry first before I put power back to it. The main thing is the ESC, these trap water inside the heat shrink tubing against the FETS. I cut off the tubing and removed the metal covers exposing the PCS and left it for a couple of days. Then reapplied new heat shrink and everything was good to go.

If it is salt water then I don't think I would have been so lucky.