Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Waiver Questions

Discussion in 'Commercial sUAS Remote Pilots Discussions' started by Ray Ellis, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Ray Ellis

Ray Ellis Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Lakeside California
    Posted by Ray Ellis, Apr 20, 2017 #1
    Im slowly getting back into commercial operations after some time away. I have my airmans cert for part 107 but I want to be able to pick up some work in Class D and C airspace. Im trying to figure out if you can waiver airspace restrictions to pick up work in other airspace class besides G without knowing in advance what you will be shooting. It may be inspection, it may be film, it may be real estate.
    But if you live near a large city how can you pick up work without filing a waiver for every job and having your client wait for approval.
    Is it possible ?

Tags:
  2. klesika

klesika Member

Mar 23, 2017
    NY
    Posted by klesika, Apr 20, 2017 #2
    I don't believe you can get a blanket waiver for a general area. You can apply for one that covers a specific site over multiple days but if I'm understanding you correctly you just want to be able to fly anywhere at anytime in case a job comes up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Ray Ellis

Ray Ellis Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Lakeside California
    Posted by Ray Ellis, Apr 20, 2017 #3
    Yes, I would like to. I am reading that to get the ok on a waiver may take 5 months so I don't see how anyone can make money under the current law

4. 360iViews

360iViews New Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Cary, NC
    Posted by 360iViews, Apr 24, 2017 #4
    This waiver wait time is ridiculous! The UAS community has to file a waiver and wait and wait and wait, while a manned aircraft can file a flight plan from the tarmac and receive clearance, so where is the streamlining in that scenario?