Viewing/storing GPS telemetry?

pangloss

Is it possible to transmit, view, or store telemetry like altitude? I find it weird that I am looking at purchasing an altimeter when I have a gps onboard. (I don't have an FPV setup (if you say DJI OSD).)

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Yes two ways to do it that I use, either buy a unit that records it on board like the Apache or records it on the ground like the Eagle Tree system.

Pete

pangloss

Wow. I didn't know this could just log. I wouldn't have spent 50EUR on the spektrum altimeter yesterday :-\ Thanks for this, I thought the iOSD required video, I don't wanna FPV just yet, it's also illegal here without lots of hoop jumping.

Yeah, all you do is hookup the Canbus from your Naza or WKM PMU to it, and it will record. Men on the ground connect via USB to you computer to view. (You do have to have a WKM or Naza with a PMU.. Details... :p.)

pangloss

I have the Naza V2 w/ GPS, the spektrum altimeter will give me realtime altitude on my tx, and this can give me everythign else afterward, thanks, this is great news, and i can do fpv later when I get some balls! (I live in a city and don't have a car)