Video with lots of tips people often forget about when new to building multirotor

jfro

Aerial Fun
Nicely done. Great tips for peeps starting up.

I noticed you had a vid of you testing firmware 3.2 and a crash. Was it r1 or r2? Looks like you're in a neighborhood with lots of houses. Think you convinced me to be more careful with beta software.

I recently flew a couple of 3.2 r 2 beta flights on my Pixhawk quad. I flew in small enclosed area completely surround by a home and trees. I just did some testing at 10-14 feet up and slow flying in a few flying modes, esp hybrid. Anymore and it would be off to the wide open spaces. Beta should be called BE CAREFUL because it's not been completely debugged and tested.

Hope you get lots of views. This is a nice, short to the point of issues, that every builder and flyer (new or old) should pay attention to. Especially the part (which you emphasize ) about GPS LOCK.

mdntblu

The beta was r2. I haven't went back to it since. I don't want to ruin anymore of my quad. Yeah I was in a neighborhood and luckily it landed in my neighbors grass next to his expensive boat. I'm so thankful it cleared everything. They were having a pool party in the backyard and lots of cars in the driveways and street.