Video signal directly from Zenmuse Z15-GH4

tomh

Does anyone know the format of the video signal delivered out of the Zenmuse into the Lightbridge?
The camera itself is connected by HDMI, but the signal into the Lightbridge is on two pins only. Is it converted from HDMI within the circuit boards underneath the zenmuse? Has anyone analysed the signals?

We'd ideally like to use something like a Teradek in place of the Lightbridge, which can take HDMI or SDI.

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Does anyone know the format of the video signal delivered out of the Zenmuse into the Lightbridge?
The camera itself is connected by HDMI, but the signal into the Lightbridge is on two pins only. Is it converted from HDMI within the circuit boards underneath the zenmuse? Has anyone analysed the signals?
I guess it is ordinary composite video. That is what most wireless videolinks use.

tomh

The gimbal has a switch on it "AV / HD". The AV mode is (I assume) composite analogue video. I'm interested in the HD signal going into the Lightwave. According to the Lightwave's specs, the whole signal chain is digital, so the HDMI signal from the camera must be being converted into a 2 pin signal of some kind.

scotth

I think others have tried for a pinout on this without success. I would love to throw a Paralinx on there as well.