1001copters.com [Video] 5.8 ghz Helix range test, diversity 5805

Hi there :)

since a little time I'm offering some 5.8Ghz kits in my webshop. (200mw and 400mw)

these packs are optimized for best reception in 5.8Ghz:
there is :
- Tx 5.8ghz 200 or 400mw
- Diversity 5805
- 2X pinwheel (tested at more than 1km)
- 1X helix 3.5turns

As you know, I really like to test the stuff and here are the videos of these tests (it's not over, more to come !)

First of all, I wanted to have a look at a long range video so I have place the Tx and the Rx 2.2km away (1.36 miles). I have place the rx with a friend and take my car 2km away then take off. The Tx is a 200mw one

I wasn't very satisfy of the video because of two reasons:
- first, it wasn't a "real" test with take of near the Rx to compare image near/far the Rx
-second, the weather was poor conditions: some fog, sun hidden

So I made a second video (still with a 200mw Tx). Saddly this time the weather was cold and I have had to stop the test at 1.4km.

The recodring device is an archos 48i and the image quality is really poor: the first images gives you an idea because the Rx and the Tx are very close together (few meters). These images gives you a "reference" to compare with images 1.4km away.

On the futur test, I will make more comparisons : 200mw vs 400mw , Pinwheel on Tx protected by ping pong ball/ without, Quadriversity (a new reference not yet in the webshop ;) ), ...

Best regards,
Cédric

Last edited by a moderator: