Understanding NAZA low voltage settings

Flydigital

Hi there, 2nd flight now. 2 time I nearly destroyed my lovely F550.
The reason being the low voltage warning seemed to kick in very early. At 16v when the alert was set for 15.5. I'm assuming the difference is the 'loss'. I add that to the setting to allow it to kick in a little later?
Maybe 15.5 is too high anyway (4s 30c 5000mAh)

So when out in the field I realised that in Manual it ignores the low voltage warning and allows me to play around a bit more - Big mistake! I went totally out of my depth the moment I switch to manual and cartwheeled it through the mud.

Looking forward to my micro quad to arrive to start learning to fly properly.

My main use will probably be GPS for AP work but see that manual could be a lot of fun if you know what you're doing!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
If we can have a productive discussion here and break down this very confusing aspect of NAZA FC set-up then I'll sticky it in the NAZA area.

Thanks,
Bart

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I always turned all those low voltage alarms OFF in the DJI assistant as there were too many failsafes operating at once. IMHO you are better being able to land manually right away with potential damage to your lipo than to have the heli suddenly and automatically drop out of the sky! The better solution is to use low voltage alarms on your lipos and know roughly how long you can fly for and take 1-2 minutes off that time. Unless you have telemetry or an OSD this is the safest way to fly. I would also turn off the ESC low voltage settings as well.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Amen to that Irisaerial.

One of the problems with the DJI cutoffs is that whilst it allows for the voltage drop during normal flight, if you quickly accelerate the motors, this can cause the voltage to sag into the LVC despite having the offset set. Whilst the DJI system is better than nothing, telemetery, lipo alarms and timers are definitely the way ahead.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Totally agree with IrisAerial, Don't use the DJI system, go with one that plugs into your lipo. I had some of the same issues you had with the low batt warning, it was putting my F550 down before I could get it back. Since going over to the volt alarm I have never looked back and they are pretty cheap too, about $5.00 for a decent one with alarms on eBay.

Flydigital

I've seen various cheap alarm systems on eBay. It says the alarm sounds when one or more cells goes to 3.3v or below. I read elsewhere that cells should never go below 3.3v. Is it OK to use this and fly back when you hear the alarm? Or is there a better technique for this we should know about?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I've seen various cheap alarm systems on eBay. It says the alarm sounds when one or more cells goes to 3.3v or below. I read elsewhere that cells should never go below 3.3v. Is it OK to use this and fly back when you hear the alarm? Or is there a better technique for this we should know about?

The one I have and most are like it, it has a button you can push and select the low volt on the cell warning, I think it goes in 0.1 volt steps.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
OK, OK, OK, you've convinced me! I didn't set it up on the last NAZA I built and thought I was being negligent so I was going to make sure I figured it out for the group build NAZA/Flamewheel that is on the bench at the moment.

LiPo monitors it is then!

Thanks for the help.

Bart.