Uncontrolled yaw on my Xaircraft X650 V4 with compass and gps

viawave77

Hello my friends!!! I am a Blade 450 pilot from Peru

I done my build of a X650 V4 value class, I configured as its says in the manual with the latest upgrades, but in the test flight , I had a slow uncontrolled left yaw, that does not allow me to hover, the strange thing is that I get my left stick to yaw to the left turns faster to a left yaw and when I put the stick to a yaw to the right, continue the yaw to the left and with the stick all the way to the right bearly stop yaw to the left, I contact with xaircraft and they say that the motors are in diferent plane, so they tell me to adjust all the bases of every arm, so I did it , I adjust the upper and lower srew of each arms to the center plate, but the results in flight test, the same, could it be a bad Tx configuration? I had a Spektrum dx8i.

Salute to this excelent forum, I am feeling not alone anymore.

Kilby

Do you have a compass installed on it? Which version of the firmware are you using? I've been reading all day about this same problem and it seems to be a combination of things, mostly EMF interference and bad firmware.

If you have the compass installed, try disconnecting it and see what happens. You could also try moving it to outside of the dome.

Good luck, and post your findings back here. I'm curious as I'm about to maiden mine later this week.

viawave77

Yes Kilby, I had the compass, but the problem start without it, I installed the compass and the GPS yesterday, and the X650 do the same yaw, so I think that is not a compass problem, but I will do the test again disconecting the compass. About the firmware I had the latest on the flight controller, the compas and the gps. I think that my problem is about dx8i configuration, I try to put a flymentor in my Blade450 3d and in the flight test I cant hover, too , because I had a extreme fast yaw to the left, so may be coincidens, but may be not.
When you says about EMF, you give me the idea to move the Rx, I will try, moving the spektrum Rx lower than the FC and compass.
Regards, thanks for the luck, because here in my country am alone.
cheers

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
One thing I just discovered worth mentioning is to check your mixer settings yourself. I am using the Xaircraft FC for a custom hex but in the mixer settings the pre-config was WAY off. Check out this link and go through it yourself. Any of those numbers off will definitely mess things up. Only other thing I could say is to make sure your radio has no trims or expos when calibrating to the FC initially.

http://www.xaircraft.com/wiki/FC1212-S_Motor_Mixer(en

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Per my own recommendations I went through the mixer settings and fixed it up. This morning was a little too windy to be flying but I had to know if it worked. IT DOES! that fixed the problem almost entirely. BUT, of course there's a but, when I landed it one of the motors started making this electrical buzzing noise and wouldnt stop spinning erratically. I had to unplug the battery to get it to stop spinning. When I turned things on again, I noticed some of the motors were very lightly turning while all the others were spinning full force. As I gave it more gas, maybe past 30% throttle all the props would visually look under power. I rule out faulty ESC's or motors as the unit flew very steady, in wind for that matter. DCkiteboards informed me that there is a soft start or similar type setting somewhere that does this. I have not checked. BUt at least I can say I fixed the main problem and in deed it was not ground effect.

viawave77

2ndtest

Well Kilby, I just did the flight test, first puting out the Rx, still the same yaw, then I disconect the compass, and nothing , still te yaw to the left. I dont know what else to do, about the link that you send of motor mixing, I didnt understand, in the xaicraft center software there is no windows that allow to porcentage of each motor, were do I check this?

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
most likely the stock configs dont need this touched. but on the first window pane where it says profile, you double click on it and you will see the mixer. I think had the issue because I am using a non conventional configuration for their FC. Although, if they are going to go through the hassle of having a pre made profile they should at least get them right.

viawave77

Problem solved

Hello my friends, after a week of not knowing what to do, Jeff , contact me with Jingchen, eminance of Xaircraft, told me that a motor was on diferent plane as the other, so I couldent belive it , because at simple sight all for motors were aparently stright, so I decided to take off the motors and measure first of all the center plate with a bubble ruler , the results as shown in pictures 1 tru 4, the buble always on the center
View attachment 1133View attachment 1134

Then I measure all base plane of each motors

View attachment 1137
So the motors front left and back right the bubble were to way off the center, so what I did was loose the screw and turn the arm until the bubble gets to center.
Then Test flight, and excelent that was it, I hovered very smoothly and much easier than my blade450.:highly_amused:
Thank you my friends for.
Salute to all Multirotors Adicts
Italo

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 335
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 331
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg