Ultimate GoPro platform?

Racerx1962

So with the upcoming release of the Hero4, what would you say is the ultimate platform for flying a GoPro? Items to consider: stability, endurance, easy to transport, reliability, toughness... Is it the Phantom, Turbo Ace Matrix, Action Drone AD1, TBS Disco, Cinetank? Or a custom hybrid build?

kloner

Aerial DP
My favorite is the tbs disco pro. Gimbaled, easy to reach success, long flight times, integrated everything

So with the upcoming release of the Hero4, what would you say is the ultimate platform for flying a GoPro? Items to consider: stability, endurance, easy to transport, reliability, toughness... Is it the Phantom, Turbo Ace Matrix, Action Drone AD1, TBS Disco, Cinetank? Or a custom hybrid build?

Not a pro but I built a folding Tarot Ironman 650, 4830-420 Multistar with 45amp Multistar ESC's,
flying 1455 APC props on a Naza V1 and 4S 8000 30C battery. DX8 Spektrum
With Feiyu Tech 2 axis gimbal and a GoPro 3+ black,
Extremely stable, highly visible for LOS and flight times over 25 min.
AUW is 2935 gr. and it will lift a refrigerator. (Well,,,, almost.)
In the process of fitting it with retracts.
(Mid construction photo.
attachment.php

Final with GPS and Battery
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20141001_074711.jpg
    20141001_074711.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 373

Racerx1962

I have the same 650 frame and was wondering about the motor/ESC/prop/lipo combinations... The MS 4830s look like big motors more suited for a larger frame. But if it's stable and is flying for 25 min on a 4S with the gimbal, then I might give them a try.

I have the same 650 frame and was wondering about the motor/ESC/prop/lipo combinations... The MS 4830s look like big motors more suited for a larger frame. But if it's stable and is flying for 25 min on a 4S with the gimbal, then I might give them a try.

It's a really well built frame and I like it.
It's been far too hot for me to go play in the sun but with cooler weather coming I hope to get some nice beach and inland videos.
I must admit, I was given the motors and esc's by someone who bought them and had no idea what they were buying.
They sat in a box for over a year and then I pulled the trigger on the 650 frame but it gave me a nice head start on a bigger quad.
Good luck with yours.

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
I second the TBS DiscoPro.
I fly a Pixhawk on mine, and I love it.

Short, due to the integrated gimbal. Good support community.

Caveat: My only comparison is a DJI 550, which is a pain compared to the DiscoPro.