UK Newbie says Hi..

andytee

Hi,
I've been reading this forum end to end for the past month or so before making any kind of decisions about actually jumping into the multirotor world..
I've quite a bit of somewhat sporadic rc flying experience, flown a lot of glow engined planes, ever since I was a kid, ( going back as far as pulsed escapement and non proportional control in the 70's then proportional control, I built my first proportional RC transmitter and receiver from a kit ), and more recently a few electric single rotor helicopters..
I run a company that operates Jimmy jibs for broadcast, commercials and film, as well as working as a pro photographer, but my original background is in engineering, electronics and computing, mainly vehicle related.
I looked at Blimps and Drones some 10 years ago, but decided the tech wasn't there yet, so I went down the Jimmy jib route..
But I recently stumbled on some multicopter footage, and it got me looking at drones again..
Then I found this forum..:)
So thanks guys, my brain is fried... overload of information, I've hit my bandwidth limits looking at stuff on You Tube.. in the past couple of weeks I've crashed around 10 million quids worth of RC aircraft, (fortunately all on the flight simulator), and now I'm reasonably capable of flying the Gaui 330 on my flight sim.
So... I've just ordered a Blade mqx to move on to the next stage... I was tempted to go straight for a DJI 450 or a real gaui 330, but I'm trying to be well behaved...
If I feel happy flying the Blade, then I think I'll start building a 450 or 550... and see how I get on with that.. Then see where it leads...:)
Thank you all for the really interesting information, and opinions on this forum..
All the best,
Andy