Typhoon, Xiro, Chroma? What's your favorite consumer drone?

Brainscum

I for one mostly shoot still photographs and want something with great camera controls and raw. Most machines seem to be pretty good but I'm having a hard time narrowing the final decision down. What's everyone else's experience been like with theses drones. Anyone far superior than the others?

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
@Brainscum I actually like Chroma and Typhoon over the Xiro, as far as the camera is concerned. Xiro has the looks, and it's good for the price, but not terribly impressive in the camera department.

Brainscum

The Chroma and Typhoon both look great! I've been considering both for some time now. I'm really excited to see what Yuneec comes up with next. The Typhoon H is looking pretty cool. But I must say I was completely blown away with the functionality of the Phantom 3 Pro. I recently took the plunge and bought one and couldn't be happier (unless perhaps I bought an Inspire.)

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
I just got my hands on the P4 over this past weekend, and I am simply blown away by it's features (the active track is incredible). Before this I was contemplating keeping my P3P around for a while, but now my P3P is on ebay and I just came back from the Apple store with my shiny new P4. We shot some great footage using the active track, I will post later on.

Talon Six

That was quick Petr! I was just listening to you on the podcast saying you were going to hang onto the P3P for a while longer. What changed your mind?

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
@Talon Six , DJIs marketing:) What really changed my mind is the video capabilities with active track and tap fly, the obstacle sensing feature, 25+ minute flight time, and 45Mph speed in Sport mode (wicked fast). The camera is really just a marginal improvement, so I would not swith from P3P to P4 just because of that.