Turnigy 9xr setup for Naza w/GPS?

So I just picked up a Turnigy 9xr along with an Open LRS system and need to set it up for my Naza with GPS. Its just new enough that there arent any youtube videos on it. Can anyone help me out? I assume its different than the setup of the 9x since its a newer software version.

chipwich

If no one with a 9x responds, I just find a video with a Spektrum setup, and dig through your menus until you find the same or similar settings for the 9x. The terminology should be similar.

Its very simple I just programmed mine in tonight. I am running a 9XR with Frsky telemetry D8R-XP PPM.

Its pretty simple if you have used the remote to program anything before. I hear its very similar to the 9X however I have no experience with the 9x only 9xr.

Basically install everything. Module in the TX, RX in your craft. I assume you will be running PPM? Either way you can switch that around.
Page 2/11 in model screen, scroll to Proto and set either PPM or whatever connection you have.
Go to page 5/11 and set your channels.
CH1 - 100% FULL AIL
CH2 - 100% FULL THR
CH3 - 100% FULL ELE
CH4 - 100% FULL RUD
CH5 - BLANK
CH6 - 108% HALF GEA
- + -100% FULL RUD
CH7 - 69% HALF ID0
+ 5% HALF ID1
+ -63% HALF ID2
+ 12% HALF AIL

Okay now that that is programmed into the remote, you should be Opened and in NAZA Assistance Soft. You now need to calibrate the radio in the software so calibrate the sticks and switches.

AGAIN THIS IS MY PPM 8CH setup.

However the gives these commands.
(F-E - 3 Position Switch)

AIL: UP
F-E UP - GPS
F-E MIDDLE - ATTI
F-E DOWN - MANUAL(Set in software could be RTH but I will address that next.)

AIL: DOWN
F-E UP - NOTHING
F-E MIDDLE - RTH
F-E DOWN - RTH

Basically if you need an emergency RTH, pull both AIL and F-E switches DOWN and it will RTH.

Now IOC controls

RUDD : UP - IOC OFF
RUDD : DOWN - IOC ON
IOC ON
GEAR : UP - Home Lock
GEAR : DOWN - Course Lock

So that should get you up and running. Hopefully it helps. If you have any questions ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

W5HYN

Basically install everything. Module in the TX, RX in your craft. I assume you will be running PPM? Either way you can switch that around.
Page 2/11 in model screen, scroll to Proto and set either PPM or whatever connection you have.
CH1 - 100% FULL AIL
CH2 - 100% FULL THR
CH3 - 100% FULL ELE
CH4 - 100% FULL RUD
CH5 - BLANK
CH6 - 108% HALF GEA
- + -100% FULL RUD
CH7 - 69% HALF ID0
+ 5% HALF ID1
+ -63% HALF ID2
+ 12% HALF AIL

I don't own a 9XR but considering buying one because of its flexibility. As I understand, the 9XR channel assignments are configured like JR/Spektrum, that is 1 throttle, 2 Aileron, 3 Elevator, 4 Rudder. The Naza is configured for Futaba channel assignments, that is 1 Aileron, 2 Elevator, 3 Throttle, 4 Rudder. From reading the 9XR manual, the sticks can be assigned to any channels. So it should be configured to conform to Futaba sequence if you are going to use PPM from the FRSKY receiver to the Naza. Possibly I don't understand the mixes you are setting up, but the channel assignments you listed do not conform to the Futaba/Naza sequence.

I don't own a 9XR but considering buying one because of its flexibility. As I understand, the 9XR channel assignments are configured like JR/Spektrum, that is 1 throttle, 2 Aileron, 3 Elevator, 4 Rudder. The Naza is configured for Futaba channel assignments, that is 1 Aileron, 2 Elevator, 3 Throttle, 4 Rudder. From reading the 9XR manual, the sticks can be assigned to any channels. So it should be configured to conform to Futaba sequence if you are going to use PPM from the FRSKY receiver to the Naza. Possibly I don't understand the mixes you are setting up, but the channel assignments you listed do not conform to the Futaba/Naza sequence.

There is an option in the setup menu to send the outputs however you like. It offers all 4 options for 1.T 2.A 3.E 4.R so you can basically assign them any which way you prefer.

The mixing is just what I personally seen is what was needed to make the positions work. I am currently on a left hand throttle with 1.Rudd 2. Ele 3. Thr 4.Ail. Im not sure why it is like that but its what I needed to do to make all my models work how I wanted them, which was pretty standard. Im comparing it directly to the remote from my phantom and it basically functions exactly the same.

I am still on the stock 9XR F/W also. I really enjoy the remote. I am about to do the minor internal mods to use onscreen telemetry.

W5HYN

There is an option in the setup menu to send the outputs however you like. It offers all 4 options for 1.T 2.A 3.E 4.R so you can basically assign them any which way you prefer.

Wow, I was not aware of that option on the setup menu. Is that the Naza setup menu you are referring to? Maybe I haven't seen it because I'm using a Naza Lite. I just assumed I was lucky because the Naza channel assignments matched the Futaba transmitter I'm using.

Yes the 9XR combined with FRSKY receivers is a sweet system. My Futaba TX is very old so seriously looking at the 9XR.

john420

Its very simple I just programmed mine in tonight. I am running a 9XR with Frsky telemetry D8R-XP PPM.

Its pretty simple if you have used the remote to program anything before. I hear its very similar to the 9X however I have no experience with the 9x only 9xr.

CH1 - 100% FULL AIL
CH2 - 100% FULL THR
CH3 - 100% FULL ELE
CH4 - 100% FULL RUD
CH5 - BLANK
CH6 - 108% HALF GEA
- + -100% FULL RUD
CH7 - 69% HALF ID0
+ 5% HALF ID1
+ -63% HALF ID2
+ 12% HALF AIL

Okay now that that is programmed into the remote, you should be Opened and in NAZA Assistance Soft. You now need to calibrate the radio in the software so calibrate the sticks and switches.

AGAIN THIS IS MY PPM 8CH setup.

However the gives these commands.
(F-E - 3 Position Switch)

AIL: UP
F-E UP - GPS
F-E MIDDLE - ATTI
F-E DOWN - MANUAL(Set in software could be RTH but I will address that next.)

AIL: DOWN
F-E UP - NOTHING
F-E MIDDLE - RTH
F-E DOWN - RTH

Basically if you need an emergency RTH, pull both AIL and F-E switches DOWN and it will RTH.

Now IOC controls

RUDD : UP - IOC OFF
RUDD : DOWN - IOC ON
IOC ON
GEAR : UP - Home Lock
GEAR : DOWN - Course Lock

So that should get you up and running. Hopefully it helps. If you have any questions ask.

Hi in this setting which channel of Naza goes to which channel of the Frsky RX ? thanks

Odontologo98

Hi,
I have naza V2 + 9Xr + dragonlink V2,recently acquired.
I should have throttle set higher than 10% and lower than 51% when failsafe program ?
I have to program failsafe tx with rx and tx with naza separately? or just the program in assistant software?

sorry, I'm using google translator Portuguese to English.

regards,
Odontologo98.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

if you're not using PPM or Sbus then you just run the servo wires from the receiver into the correct inputs of the NAZA......throttle to throttle, elevator to elevator....they don't have to match up numerically according to their slots, criss-cross as necessary

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi,
I have naza V2 + 9Xr + dragonlink V2,recently acquired.
I should have throttle set higher than 10% and lower than 51% when failsafe program ?
I have to program failsafe tx with rx and tx with naza separately? or just the program in assistant software?

sorry, I'm using google translator Portuguese to English.

regards,
Odontologo98.

Odon,

Have you actually flown the heli yet without the Dragonlink?

pinco

Attachments

• Настройки поле&#10.jpg
    Настройки поле&#10.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 455

meng

Ok so I have gone through all the excellent steps above and my receiver showed to have bound but my controls dont show movement in the assistant software. Help me guys where did I go wrong?

meng

well this is a dead thread and I dont seem to be able to start a new thread for some reason. very frustrating my new radio wont work with my quad