Turnigy 9x with NAZA2 - Do I need firmware hack?

Flydigital

I'm really struggling to understand how to programme all the different options for the NAZA-2.
The 9x has loads of nobs and switches but being able to assign things easily seems very difficult with manuals written for people who have been in the scene already for a long time - or maybe I'm being slow!

For the NAZA various settings must be done such as ATTI-Manual-GPS and IOC which is another 3 way option: OFF-Course lock-Home lock. And also a failsafe switch

I have managed to set the ATTI-Manual-GPS 3 way thanks to some videos and hours of messing around but the others don't seem possible having run around the menus countless times trying to work out the secrets of how it is supposed to work. Lots of parameters seem confined to just a few switches and now way to use the 3 way in 2 different modes.

Anyway, very stuck but saw mention of 'Smartieparts board' and various alternative software systems that can be loaded.

So is that the route I should take or is there a missing manual somewhere I need to get all the switches I need?

Thanks for your patience!

trix

hello there flydigital , i was also using the 9x stock firmware but i decided to flash my radio with the er9x firmware everybody is talking about and i love it , it is so much better than the stock firmware but i'm still learning all it's bells and whistles tough :)

i did it without the smartieparts board (just soldered ) the wires to the flashing pads and voila , i was done in like 5 minutes and it was worth the effort .

to use failsafe i don't think you can because the 9x doesn't have that and to do so you would need to get a frsky or some other jr module and receiver .

how to set the settings for the naza tough i can't help with that because i don't have a clue about it . ( busy with my first build )

just my 2 cents .

hope you figure out how to do that and happy flying :)

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Yes you can but the 9X only has one three way switch and that is a problem if you want to use all the features of the V2 or the Lite for that matter, doing mods, hacks and firmware updates is the only way to get all the features though. My #2 son was going down that road but stopped when I gave him a used Futaba T8FG Super, 6x three way switches and all the bells and whistles makes life a load easier.

Pete

I just went through setting up my standard Turnigy 9x with NAZA V2+GPS. It is possible to have all of the features work, but not all through switches. I have the IOC working through the Hov Thr knob and the Atti, GPS, Man working through the 3 way switch. My failsafe is on the Hov Pit knob (couldn't get the mixing to work for the gear switch), and the X1 (gimble control) is through the Pit Trim knob. I'm currently setting the gains and modifying the dual rate setups, but I've only had the NAZA for a couple of days now. Send me a PM, and I'll be glad to take some photos and help you tweak everything.