Turnigy 9x V2 won't bind. please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raffills

This is the my forth day of trying every combination of every tip/trick on every forum thread i can find.
i have a dji f550 that i used to fly with a Spectrum DX6i with the AR6210 receiver. Thought i'd add a tarot gimbal so wanted a dial knob for tilt. Ordered the Turnigy 9x V2 from hobbyking which came with the stock 9X8Cv2 receiver. I am powering the receiver through the naza PMU V2 which is giving me 5v.

My issue is the receiver keeps flashing, it will not go solid orange. here's a list of what i have tried (after reading about 50 threads, 3 different manuals etc etc)
power from naza pmu into bind, bind plug into bat. powered receiver then held bind button on Tx before tuning on. receiver light keeps flashing
power from naza pmu into bat, bind plug into bind. powered receiver then held bind button on Tx before tuning on. receiver light keeps flashing
power from naza pmu into bind, bind plug into bat. held bind button on Tx before tuning on then powered receiver. receiver light keeps flashing
power from naza pmu into bat, bind plug into bind. held bind button on Tx before tuning on then powered receiver. receiver light keeps flashing

I have tried powering into channels other than the bind or bat port
I have tried binding from a distance and from close
i have taken apart the Tx to check that all connections are secure
i have checked the module on the rear of the Tx and made sure that all pins are seated firmly.
I can confirm i am in PPM mode and NOT PCM.

Note that my Tx arrived in Mode 1 as all mode 2s were out of stock so i changed this over.

Things i have not tried:
Powering the receiver with a a different power source. not sure this would make a difference given the PMU is outputting what the receiver needs - 4.5 -6.5v and i do have a flashing light on the receiver.
Using another Rx to test the Tx
Using another Tx to test the Rx

Sincere apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I have made every effort to find an answer amongst previous threads.
Any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance...

raffills

Problem solved. Purchased a new receiver and now working fine. Turns out it came faulty from HobbyKing. Glad it was the receiver and not the Tx.

Status
Not open for further replies.