Tuned s800 with GH3

ChrisViperM

Looks really stable...but what's the story with IMU v2..... ??????

Does that mean that DJI is replacing the IMU v1......??????

Chris

krleas

FPV Freak
Looks really stable...but what's the story with IMU v2..... ??????

Does that mean that DJI is replacing the IMU v1......??????

It will be upgrade for s800 users, send back old one, pay difference, get new one - no more altitude drops, white flashes, and absorbs vibrations better.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Video shows all. Test with new IMU v2.

Well talk about bells and whistles plus belt & braces Krleas! All the go-faster goodies you can think of crammed in there plus the KW anti-vibe kit AND the Secraft Starship Invaders boom braces as well. Phew !

Can't sit around and be outdone by old Krleas so ... (Sorry to post this vid again but I don't think Krleas has seen it)

Anyway, back to the main theme ... when you add in the DJI retracts, the Secraft gimbal suspension plus the GH3, that lot must have a take-off weight of damn near 9 kg. Smart looking props!

I also fitted that Secraft gimbal suspension BTW because the standard 12 balls seemed just a bit too rigid and I have to say I like it. Biggest drwback of the KW anti-vibe kit is the increase in breakdown/assembly time when travelling.

It will be upgrade for s800 users, send back old one, pay difference, get new one - no more altitude drops, white flashes, and absorbs vibrations better.

Do we have any idea when the v2 IMU will ship? Presumably the exchange will be done through dealers? Direct to China would be a nightmare ... may as well buy another MR in the meantime.

Any news on whether the damped airframe to bi-pod twist fasteners will ever be brought to market?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomstoy2

Flying cloths-line, I liked that. Hope the better half didn't see the vid? "You got some explaining to do!" And, here I thought I was being imaginative with my 'leaf blowing service'! Krleas, nice test of the new IMU! Looks solid.

krleas

FPV Freak
Anyway, back to the main theme ... when you add in the DJI retracts, the Secraft gimbal suspension plus the GH3, that lot must have a take-off weight of damn near 9 kg. Smart looking props!

I dont know what u are doing but i have 6,6kg with 6s 10.000mAH complete without GH3.

View attachment 11208

Attachments

• DSC03ff794.jpg
    DSC03ff794.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 232

Serval

I can not believe you're reaching:
- Add strengthen arms, with stems between engines
- Add build arm with Secraft,
- Add additional anti-vibration kit - above ZenMuse
- Replace the IMU (have to pay for)
- and Buy New T-Motor nice Propellers (difficult to watch on photo... but on Video).

This gives the impression that only one of S800, you add all the accessories your catalog to make it work.
S800 must work out of box, with Balance and Motor Prop agree, no more.

Checkt It : TRUE ABOUT S800 http://vimeo.com/63862767

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I dont know what u are doing but i have 6,6kg with 6s 10.000mAH complete without GH3.

This is what I am doing (ready-to-fly):

DJI-S800/WKM/Z15/Retracts + GensACE 6S 10,000, Secraft gimbal suspension and folding mast bracket (like yours), GH2/14mm w/ lens hood, FPV cam, Stinger 500 downlink Tx, sun reflector and skid foams - but no anti-vibe systems = 7261g.

I would say that your 6500g is probably optimistic, given that the proper method of weighing something is let its entire weight onto the scales, not half supported, half balanced. As our two machines are virtually identical, adding your Secraft boom braces, KW vibe kit and GH3, you have to be coming in close to 7500g.

krleas

FPV Freak
This is what I am doing (ready-to-fly):

DJI-S800/WKM/Z15/Retracts + GensACE 6S 10,000, Secraft gimbal suspension and folding mast bracket (like yours), GH2/14mm w/ lens hood, FPV cam, Stinger 500 downlink Tx, sun reflector and skid foams - but no anti-vibe systems = 7261g.

I would say that your 6500g is probably optimistic, given that the proper method of weighing something is let its entire weight onto the scales, not half supported, half balanced. As our two machines are virtually identical, adding your Secraft boom braces, KW vibe kit and GH3, you have to be coming in close to 7500g.

u said 9 kilos.

krleas

FPV Freak
I can not believe you're reaching:
- Add strengthen arms, with stems between engines
- Add build arm with Secraft,
- Add additional anti-vibration kit - above ZenMuse
- Replace the IMU (have to pay for)
- and Buy New T-Motor nice Propellers (difficult to watch on photo... but on Video).

This gives the impression that only one of S800, you add all the accessories your catalog to make it work.
S800 must work out of box, with Balance and Motor Prop agree, no more.

Checkt It : TRUE ABOUT S800 http://vimeo.com/63862767
I

I agree with u, i just want to show how u can make it ok. Seems i need to delete this post and video.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
matjaz do a thread about the new HDMI convert ! When does one need power for it when out etc. !

ChrisViperM

I

I agree with u, i just want to show how u can make it ok. Seems i need to delete this post and video.

PLEASE don't.....the mis-construction of the S800 is definitely not your fault, and a lot of people like me out there are basically stuck with the S800, and with all the "gadgets" at least we can make it somehow usable.....
You are the hell of a good supplier, and a lot of us are happy that we have you !!!!

Chris

Serval

please don't.....the mis-construction of the s800 is definitely not your fault, and a lot of people like me out there are basically stuck with the s800, and with all the "gadgets" at least we can make it somehow usable.....
You are the hell of a good supplier, and a lot of us are happy that we have you !!!!
Chris

totally agree !

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I

No, not a good idea. We need you and Kopterworx' resources to keep testing everything for us and showing what stuff works. Besides, if you start deleting videos I'll miss those awful spectacles ! :)

ChrisViperM

Talking about videos....did you guys ever see this vid from Kopterworx:

Just great....I love it.

Chris

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Talking about videos....did you guys ever see this vid from Kopterworx:.....

Haven't seen that video but I do remember the aerial footage from a previous KW post - Sony CX730 was the camera, CS8 airframe and maybe Radians stabilising the mount. I remember commenting on a dirty lens or filter blemish dancing around making it look suspiciously post-stabilised. Needless to say Krleas jumped up and bit me for suggesting that !