Traveling With Lipo Batteries

Giovanni59

I am going to Costa Rica for a job videotaping a resort with my custom built HC800. I know I cannot bring lipos of this size (5000 mAh) on the plane, (this subject has been covered in forums extensively). I have checked with UPS and it will cost about $600 in shipping fees plus duty fees of 42% of the value. That's about $850 in shipping! I can purchase new ones and have them drop shipped. The shipping fee from the vendor like Hobbyking will probably be better but then I am in the same situation to get them shipped back to the US unless I just leave them there. Can anyone who travels with their equipment out of the country tell me how they handle these issues? Thanks John

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
You can use a company authourised to pack and ship lipos.. BUT its probilby cheaper to buy the from HobbyKing shipped to location and then right them off as part of the project cost.

According to my shipping agent I can carry 4 x 5000mah 4 cell packs as a maximum in hand luggage with out fear of the IATA fining me $50,000.

As you said there are plenty of references on here. If you want the reletive document I have linked it in another thread. I would link it here but away from home and dont have the link to hand.

Dave