Top online stores to buy drones

Allyson Jenkins

Dear all lets create a thread and suggest top places to buy drones in USA.

1. Amazon.com
2. Dronefly.com
3. Cannykart.com

I request everyone to continue the thread

Hoki

I dont think any place has cheaper prices than gearbest and banggood. I got a syma x8w from gearbest for 50 dollars cause they have crazy sales sometimes.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
for what it's worth, if you appreciate having a resource like MultiRotorForums.com when you have questions then please consider using our advertisers when you're ready to buy

the banner ads are there to support the site and we only take ads from reputable vendors, in other words, i vouch for every one of them.

Surf globally, buy locally.

Hoki

Ive checked thise out and they hVe the same stuff on the other sites from china but charge twice or 3 times as much

Hoki

I realize thats what every store does to make profit but im not rich so i dont wanna use more money than i need to so why just just go to the source and cut out the middle man and save

Bartman

that's fine but when you come here asking for help keep in mind this site is here because of our advertisers. the people in china sending you stuff that may or may not even work don't so anything except spam the site with their fake accounts and bogus claims

Hoki

All my experience with ordering from china have been great. I was nervous when i bought a 300 dollar ham radio from there that normally sells for 1000 dollars in the us but it came and works great. But the local shops are good for fast delivery when im desperate

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Ive checked thise out and they hVe the same stuff on the other sites from china but charge twice or 3 times as much

1- You are not getting the 'same stuff' from China. Although you sometimes get a product that works okay, more often you get lower grade components that just barely work at all. How silly is it to crash/destroy a $500 MR in order to save $15 on a motor?

2- Most Chinese companies are copying someone's research/design. Do you like having your ideas stolen?

3- If you do have a problem with a component, US companies can/will help via eMail or phone. And you have a better chance at understanding what they are saying. Ever return anything to China?

4- Shipping delays and shipping costs can offset cheaper pricing from overseas.

5- Forum members will be able to help you with products that we are familiar with. For example: didn't you ask about a TX radio that none of us had ever seen? Taranis, Futaba, Spektrum, and Frsky we can provide assistance.

Hoki

I never returned anything if something has a defect they just resend it again for free. I realize they make clones of many electronic things but everything is worked just like the real deal for me.

Bartman

If its a WorldWide comunity why only in the US?:rolleyes:
Yes it's a world wide community and I'm very proud of that but I'm speaking of people buying from their local vendors especially when they're supporting the places where we learn and share.
At the moment, our advertisers are mostly US based. At one time we had more international vendors and I said the same thing about supporting them.

We're here because of their generosity and because we provide them with a great community of people to advertise their products and services to.

When they go away, the site goes away, it's just how it is.

SamaraMedia

From my experience I find any of the trusted vendors advertising on this site provide a greater service model than just price point. I've been building quads, hex's and hopefully soon an X8, for 5 years now and wouldn't put anything from Banggood, Aliexpress or Bestgear onto one of them. For my money, and yes it can be considerable, I prefer what I consider quality goods that give me a better sense of assurance for the type of flying I do. I'm not totally against the cheaper vendors but I also weigh the use of the rig I'm building into the equation. If it is something that is meant for training of fun flying I consider the cheaper alternatives but if it is going to carry a couple thousand dollars worth of camera, lens and gimbal around I'll gladly pay the price for peace of mind and quality service I get from a professional parts provider.

Some of my friends over on FPVLAB are always testing the bargain goods from the vendors you mention and for them it is perfect since they are mostly flying cheaper foam wings and planes meant for long distance flight and even the occasional crash from intense FPV flying, they can easily be taped up and flown again with little or no expense. If that is all your planning on doing is fun flying than by all means go the bargain route, it will provide you with the gear you need to enjoy and grow in this sport/hobby/industry for years, BUT, if you plan to pursue a career in this technology sooner or later you'll learn that you get what you pay for.

I can tell you that spending $500 on a gimbal that supposedly is the next best thing compared to a unit the costs $2500 and is a proven winner can get costly when you figure all the extra time you spend troubleshooting and tinkering on the cheaper unit so in the end it may have been cheaper to buy the better unit in the first place. But, if you're still learning to fly a bigger rig, than a crash with a cheap gimbal is better than trashing an expensive one.

Many of the members here do this for a living and most are very resourceful, full of knowledge from years of flying and building RC planes and helicopters before the quad or mulitorotor was introduced to the masses, and are willing to share their experience with anyone new or old to the community.

IMO buy from where ever you are comfortable but just because a place sends you a replacement for free doesn't mean that they fixed the problem or that the new one will work any better. Sometimes you end up spending more in the long run buying cheaper parts only to find there's a reason they are cheaper and don't always work as advertised but that all depends on your personal use and goals of your equipment.

Either way, enjoy and fly safe...

SamaraMedia

No problem

For the record I don't use

1. Amazon.com - would rather go directly to the producer/supplier/manufacturer/source
2. Dronefly.com - not familiar with but site looks professional enough for a second look
3. Cannykart.com - never heard of them and after visiting their site, will not buy from them

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoki

Well from what I hear there are good places and the bad places that make clone stuff but I guess Ive been lucky to order from the places that make fully functioning clone products. Even my 180 carbon frame must be really strong cause I've been crashing so many times and not a scratch on it and I've even tumbled it down the street coming down hard and fast last night cause I was trying to fpv at midnight and it was soo dark.