Time Magazine - Rise of the Drones

SamaraMedia

I was just out for a few groceries and happened across this week's issue of Time Magazine - Rise of the Drones. Of course the cover is a photo "Illustration" of a military drone flying low over a home. Talk about pushing the paranoia but I guess that is what we are in for as this hobby/business/industry grows. Haven't read it yet but figured I pass it along for discussion.

John

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
This past weekend as I covered eFest for FG and RCG I spoke to Dave Mathewson and Bob Brown from the AMA, and they basically said that the 3 years worth of work they have done with the FAA has been side stepped by the individual states government. And Bob said "Sleepy, i know how much you have invested with the multi stuff, but at this point , I think we are screwed!"

i am nervous!

Dewster

This past weekend as I covered eFest for FG and RCG I spoke to Dave Mathewson and Bob Brown from the AMA, and they basically said that the 3 years worth of work they have done with the FAA has been side stepped by the individual states government. And Bob said "Sleepy, i know how much you have invested with the multi stuff, but at this point , I think we are screwed!"

i am nervous!

Thats what happens when the FAA takes too long with putting out their regs. I guess each state will have their own version of an aviation authority. At this rate the feds will only own the skies above 400 feet. It's amazing how quickly these laws are coming to shore when compared to guns. I wouldn't be surprised to see licensing requirements (another tax) to fly anything R/C.

Kilby

i am nervous!

That's scary.

Str8 Up

I think I have invested around $250K in my AP business over the last 7 years. It's all been paid for for some time now so that's a plus. Would I invest that kind of money today? No way!