Tilt limits of Zenmuse

bluedoggy

I want to set limits to the tilt of my zenmuse. I find the lever is far too sensitive and either goes max down or max up with very little fine control in between. Is this normal? I don't want it to look up at the phantom. I have read about calibrating the X1 channel but how do you do it? It just jumps to min and max when you try to calibrate it? What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!

iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

rilot

Certainly sounds like your X1 channel isn't calibrated. Have you updated the firmware on everything (including the transmitter)?

bluedoggy

Certainly sounds like your X1 channel isn't calibrated. Have you updated the firmware on everything (including the transmitter)?
I think i'm up to date? Followed all the info?...But maybe i haven't?
I have a Phantom 1.1.1 Is there a a golden procedure to update?

bluedoggy

How do you update and recalibrate the transmitter? I thought the assistant software was for calibrating the phantom etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rilot

Do this:

1) Plug in the remote controller with the provided usb cable and Use the PHANTOM RC Assistant software to upgrade the Remote Controller firmware to V1.0.1.11.
2) Calibrate the sticks and X1 channel of the Remote Controller using PHANTOM RC Assistant software.
3) Now Plug in the aircraft with the provided usb cord and Use the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to upgrade the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8 on the Upgrade page.
4) After upgrade completed, calibrate the X1 channel of Main controller using PHANTOM 2 Assistant software,
then the PHANTOM 2 will work well with H3-2D

If you're up to date, apply the firmwares anyway but in the order I describe above.
And yes, the assistant software is used to calibrate the transmitter.