This is a whole new ball game!!

bensid54

I came to quads because I am heli challenged even though I've been at it four or five years. Time came to tune my new DJI450 with mounted Naza light system as per posts and a tiny bit of help from instructions. Got it to work, lifted off the quad the ground nicely and it sat fairly steady in a breeze turned where it should and banked like it should. Thought lets try manual mode, found it behaved well and quick to react to the sticks fine no problem just a little twitchy because I have it on default settings something I will have to adjust. Now I thought lets do attitude mode! This didn't go over as well thanks to me and my conditioned responses, as soon as it started to drift sideways I tried to compensate with the controls. Now being used to my heli going ahead when I pushed the stick forward it went deeper into the bush so I dropped the throttle to crash land. I fully expected to have to fix it due to that's what you normally do with a heli, I picked it up shook it off to find no damage it actually flew right after!!! So lesson learned was it does more than an RC helicopter when it comes to gadgets and next time I find a bigger field to play in so I can learn all it's workings. Two questions 1. Will it work in attitude mode if the GPS is not initialized. 2. Is there a list that breaks down what ALL the flashing lights mean If so I will get it bronzed. So far I'm liking it and will get to know it better with help from you guys and trial and error (lots of error I'm sure)

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
The manual from the DJI site will give you all the light flashing info and yes it will fly in attitude mode just fine without the GPS locking.

Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk 4

bensid54

Thanks Pete I'll have another look. I don't recall the list of all the flashings on one page unless that list was shorter than I'm thinking it should be.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Sorry just realised you have a Lite, usually means that it has locked in the home position on the V1 and V2 but you may be having a problem with lock by the sounds, might be worth looking at all your positions for Tx and Rx components.

Generally it is best to go back to the start and go through and do all the calibrations maybe even a couple of times to make sure it is right.

Do you have any FPV gear on board?

Pete

bensid54

No FPV gear yet hopefully in the next month. You say it's locked in the home position but shouldn't the slider go to fail safe when I turn off my radio? Right now the only adjustment I will make is gain I have it too low and it flies so I want to get comfy with how it works and what the flashing lights mean.

bensid54

I think my problem with fail safe is I didn't have my GPS antennae calibrated properly. I'll try working with it tomorrow and let you know what the results are.

bensid54

Finally figured out how to do the GPS calibration, reason it never worked for me before is because I was too slow on the switch. It flew much better but started the toilet bowl thing so I brought it down and read the instructions the whole time I left my radio on. Did the adjustments but before I could recalibrate the GPS my low battery warning went off on my radio and the days flying is now over. I think I need a spare radio battery for times like this but not yet. What a difference between this and the Blade QX for flying, the Blade is quick and nimble with little mass the 450 is fast and nimble but you can sure see the difference in flying that the 450s mass makes. Problem with my blinking light instructions is they are in black and white so I'm mainly guessing at colour I'll try and print up colour copies at work if possible.