Theres something you don't wanna see on set.....

kloner

Aerial DP
unless you've got exemption....

10455157_10202967280247782_6458255570583931056_n.jpg

kloner

Aerial DP
agreed.....

So far they have been nothing but helpful in getting to the letter of our exemption with a smile, but they are eluding to the hat turning around with the wrong guy so i know this is about like walking on egg shells.

Av8Chuck

If only Federal regulators were on top of Wall Street gangsters like they are on the poor AP pilot just trying to scratch out a living... :mad:

Lets not start the class warfare crap. Federal regulators are on top of Wall Street, where do you think they get the money for the FAA to regulate that "poor" AP Pilot? Its called trickle down regulation. The issues that we're confronted with are not a white collar vs blue collar, its political but not left vs right, its government vs civil liberties. If we continue to talk about the FAA's regulatory process in terms of "its the other guys fault" or "these rules effect them and not me, there for somebody else," then we'll only have ourselves to blame if we're "regulated" out of existence.

The Government, not Wall Street, not Main Street, not drones but the government are the ones responsible for turning out the light at the end of the tunnel, and the only way it gets turned back on is if "we" stand up collectively to defend our right to own and operate sUAS businesses profitably. So we need those people from "Wall Street," to help in this fight. You don't think there's a connection between Wall Street and the MPAA?

agreed.....

So far they have been nothing but helpful in getting to the letter of our exemption with a smile, but they are eluding to the hat turning around with the wrong guy so i know this is about like walking on egg shells.

Huh?

Gary Seven

Rocketman
Lets not start the class warfare crap. Federal regulators are on top of Wall Street, where do you think they get the money for the FAA to regulate that "poor" AP Pilot? Its called trickle down regulation. The issues that we're confronted with are not a white collar vs blue collar, its political but not left vs right, its government vs civil liberties. If we continue to talk about the FAA's regulatory process in terms of "its the other guys fault" or "these rules effect them and not me, there for somebody else," then we'll only have ourselves to blame if we're "regulated" out of existence.

The Government, not Wall Street, not Main Street, not drones but the government are the ones responsible for turning out the light at the end of the tunnel, and the only way it gets turned back on is if "we" stand up collectively to defend our right to own and operate sUAS businesses profitably. So we need those people from "Wall Street," to help in this fight. You don't think there's a connection between Wall Street and the MPAA?
@Av8Chuck WTF?? I'm not starting "class warefare crap", just stating the obvious. Maybe you missed my point so I'll word it differently: It's much easier for Federal regulators to go after and "pick on" those with no political power or clout. Hence, the lowly UAV operator on the verge of being regulated and/or fined (or jailed) out of existence because he/she has no clout...no power. Why is there no regulation of Wall Street criminals? Answer: They have (own) ALL the power.

I enjoy your posts and have learned a lot from you. But on this issue you make no sense at all. We see things differently...so be it. @Bartman I sincerely apologize for injecting politics into the discussion. I'm done now, and promise NOT to do it again.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I'm a bit stunned at the course of this thread, to be honest. I understood the sentiment you were expressing and was a little taken aback by Chuck's response.
the apology wasn't necessary but thanks anyway.
Bart

Av8Chuck

@Av8Chuck WTF?? I'm not starting "class warefare crap", just stating the obvious. Maybe you missed my point so I'll word it differently: It's much easier for Federal regulators to go after and "pick on" those with no political power or clout. Hence, the lowly UAV operator on the verge of being regulated and/or fined (or jailed) out of existence because he/she has no clout...no power. Why is there no regulation of Wall Street criminals? Answer: They have (own) ALL the power.

I enjoy your posts and have learned a lot from you. But on this issue you make no sense at all. We see things differently...so be it. @Bartman I sincerely apologize for injecting politics into the discussion. I'm done now, and promise NOT to do it again.

Sorry Gary, although I quoted you it was not aimed at you, but I did get your point and I'm pointing out that Wall street has more stupid regulations that has wreaked havoc with banking and caused a lot of average investors loose a lot of money.

I get it, i'm just so tired of the FAA,

SamaraMedia

WALL STREET - MPAA

Former United States Senator Chris Dodd is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Motion Picture Association of America, Inc., which serves as the voice and advocate of the American motion picture industry around the world. For 36 years, Senator Dodd represented Connecticut in the United States Congress and as the state’s longest serving member was recognized as one of the most widely respected legislators in Congress, earning the trust of both Republicans and Democrats. A key participant in nearly every major national policy debate over the last three decades, Senator Dodd is perhaps best known for authoring or co-authoring the Family and Medical Leave Act in 1993; the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; the Help America Vote Act; and the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Dodd served as a senior member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and is a recognized expert on Latin America. During his tenure he interacted extensively with leaders throughout Europe, Asia, Canada and Latin America and served as Co-Chair of the U.S. – India Senate Caucus. Appointed in March of 2011 to represent one of America’s most creative and storied industries, Senator Dodd’s highest priority is to champion the creative freedoms of filmmakers by safeguarding intellectual property rights, advancing technology-driven innovation and opening global markets to the uniquely powerful medium of film.

IMO - If the government had enforced the rules that were already in place for the banking industry instead of turning their heads the housing crashed wouldn't have happened. Allowing people to purchase a home with $0 down, 3 years interest only loans, without good credit was a recipe for disaster. Everything is great as the economy keeps chugging along with inflated prices that can't be sustained by average people have not seen their pay rise with the cost of housing. Washington sits there telling us that the economy is strong but anybody with half a brain can read the writing on the wall, then when it happens everyone looks to point fingers. Bankers, absolutely, greed wins. Congress, absolutely, for their culpability in allowing it to happen. Every week I can look into the real estate section of the paper and see at least 6 $0 home sales due to foreclosure. The Dodd-Frank Act was 2008, we're still feeling the effects of this and will for years to come. Thankfully my wife and I still have full-time jobs. I could go on but you all know someone that has been effected by this so I'll get off my soapbox.

Glad to see Mr Dodd landed on his feet and will have taxpayer paid healthcare for the rest of his life. Let's see what good he can do for the MPAA with his Wall Street connections...(tongue in cheek)

Thanks for letting me rant.