The right esc...

Father Francis Hawkins

Who said FPV was a fairly new activity.
Recently while flying my 188 quad I had a semi rough landing, I dropped it in from about 3 feet onto the walkway. Upon checking everything over and attempting to spin it up, I notice one motor wouldn't spin. It required 6A esc's and I had a spare. It was not the same name brand and other than knowing the amp rating I am unclear. I connected said motor to the three other esc's and it spun up perfectly. ( This is how I also came to the conclusion it was esc related). I soldered in the new esc to the FDB and hooked up the leads to the motor. I ran everything back through the vehicle setup wizard in LibrePilot and also did another Tx setup. Now all motors start up at the same time, but the motor in question revs up slower than the other three. (In other words, it like a turbine warming up before I can lift off. Once flying, is fine). Until I land and have to re-arm. There is no apparent physical damage to this motor. What, if any could be the issue?

Thank you in advance....

My first guess would be to re-calibrate the escs and double check the transmitter ends points in your software.
Do your motors spin on arm or not? If yes, you could try bumping your minimum throttle up a touch if that is an option.

Not sure either of those will help, because it is starting at the same time but might not hurt unless you have already done it xxx times. But they are easy enough to do.

Does the motor seem hot after use? Double check that a random screw isn't the wrong length?

Notice any difference when turning them by hand?

Once flying you said it is fine, what if you punch out hard? Wondering the quad would tip towards the slow motor.

*Note, I have never used missed matched escs but I don't think it would cause a problem if the ESCs/Motors/FC are all compatible.

If you are using oneshot or damped light, maybe disable just in case the unknown esc does not like those setting.

What ESC firmware?