Thanks Bart! The new MRF menu is awesome!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I've been wanting this layout for years. Especially the active topics ablity to go back a certain range in time is very valuable.

Thanks

Yuri

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i think that that has always been there? i don't think i added it but maybe i did? it wasn't intentional but glad you like it!

jbrumberg

Things look and act differently in an improved way around here or maybe my mental status is going through another revision (again).:tennis:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Am I taking crazy pills? I am on this forum 40 times a day and could swear only as of this morning is the title different than ever. I clear my cache regularly as I watch lots of high risk videos of people doing things that would get any public figure fired. :)

jbrumberg

Who here remembers "The Twilight Zone". The original in B&W.

Bart may be into some form not so subliminal form of mind control. I haven't been into anything mind altering that I know of unless maybe it's this FL water that I am drinking.

Bart if you are messing with our heads on a collective basis you need to fine tune your settings. Some of us are catching on.:highly_amused:

Last edited by a moderator:

jfro

Aerial Fun
I was on earlier. Old GUI.

Just logged on and have new GUI.

Hit new post and it said there were none. I wasn't signed in at the time.

Voodoo.....

Bartman

i think i'm going to leave it as is for a few days and we'll see how we like it. please let me know what you think of the new color combinations. i'd like to have some color spattered about but also a lot more neutral areas with lighter grays and whites.

thanks for bearing with me as i work this out!
Bart

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I think we get used to just about anything. it looks good color wise IMO. It looks like there is a bit of negative space around the video links. On one hand it's nice looking cluttered like RCG but it's probably valuable ad space for you. And AddictiveRC's ad is linked but invisible.

Only thing i do find confusing is the tab for FPV, AP/AV, ETC. I kinda like the list of things before. general all lumped together, classifieds below. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Bartman

you can't see the addictiveRC ad? can you please do a screen shot and post it in this thread?

Bartman

also, if anyone is having display problems please post browser and OS info so we can try to track any issues to specific combinations of browser/OS.

thanks,
bart

Bartman

I think we get used to just about anything. it looks good color wise IMO. It looks like there is a bit of negative space around the video links. On one hand it's nice looking cluttered like RCG but it's probably valuable ad space for you. And AddictiveRC's ad is linked but invisible.

Only thing i do find confusing is the tab for FPV, AP/AV, ETC. I kinda like the list of things before. general all lumped together, classifieds below. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

i had the Active Threads list in one of the nav links where you're talking about but the list was dominated by whatever the hot topic was at any particular moment and I think it must have been a turn off to see so many threads on any one system. with the forums listed on the home page, at least as I've experienced it today, I've been wandering around a lot more and seeing what people are talking about in forums areas I might not have visited otherwise.

i'm going to leave the Active Threads button turned off for a little while and see if people start screaming and how loud they get. It's basically a CMS page where I can park blocks that relate to specific areas of the site. Active Threads was just a widget that collected the most recent 25 or so threads. we'll see how it goes.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
View attachment 17887its above the left side of the 5 videos. You can see my pointer sees a link. Im on 10.7.5 mac pro. I also have noticed that I can no longer use the image uploader without switching to basic mode. This was also prior to this recent change we are discussing.

edit:why is the image tiny????? thats never happened. uno momento.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 6.46.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-29 at 6.46.35 PM.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 232
Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

the image uploader has changed and I"m not sure if it's a normal vbulletin thing or a bug. i was able to change a parameter so that multiple images can be uploaded but they have to be selected one by one before hitting upload.

can you refresh the page the next time you have the problem with the Addictive RC ad and see if it changes anything? I'm on an iMac with Mavericks, using Opera browser and I'm not having that problem.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
No ads are displayed now above videos, though no links are there either now. . and cant get a full sized image to upload without shrinking to a thumbnail sized image.

Bartman

the only stuff i changed today had to do with colors and such, no real programming was changed so i'm baffled that you'd be having these issues.