TBS Discovery with Naza Maiden flight crash

02deuce

Time Warped
Was doing semi maiden (4th pack) doing some what I refer to Pitch pumps to dial in gains in manual mode. Discovery rolls into a flip and crashes. Looking for suggestions as to why?

TBS Discovery with core 1.2 VTX
Naza with GPS
Tiger Motors
Spectrum AR8000
4S
Crash was in manual Mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

02deuce

Time Warped
maybe bad conection between a motor and a esc. ?
All connections at ESC are solid unless their is a cold solder at one of the bullet connectors. I guess I will do some more high amp altitude pumps and see if I can duplicate the problem. Then start switching motor sides and see if I can narrow it down.
I hate ghost problems especially with all new equipment.

DesJardins

Are you using the nice bullet connectors that came with the T-motors?
Were they all tight when you pushed them into the ESC's?

02deuce

Time Warped
Still Glitching

Flew it again today same thing but only in manual mode, if I give it full collective it climbs fast for about 5 ft then rolls over vertical to the right. Atti and GPS mode its fine. Still looking for suggestions.

02deuce

Time Warped
Yes to the right it will try to flip but it you let off the collective it rights itself. I swapped motors last night, cleaned all the connectors on the ECS. will give it another try today to see what it does.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I can only think of it being an issue with one of the motors. Attitude and GPS mode are limit to a certain throttle output thus you motors and ESCs are not pushed to the max. In manual mode this is not the case. You have a spare motor to test it ?. Similar to other FCs also if one motors docent perform like the other when it comes to full throttle action this can happen !

Boris

02deuce

Time Warped
After swapping motors and cleaning the ESC connector the problem shifted to the left side. Conclusion its a weak Tiger motor hopefully its covered under warranty. Thanks all for your input.

Last edited by a moderator: