Tarot ZYX-M... Any thoughts on this?

XNS

Hi Mulitrotorforums,

I’m new to this blog but have two years experience with building and flying 250 to 650 size multirotors.
I was wonder if any has any experience and ideas on the Tarot ZYX-M FC.
I took a well built, great flying Tarot 650 and swapped a Naza-M Lite for the Tarot ZYX-M

Build info:
Tarot Iron Man 650 Quadcopter Frame TL65B02
Tarot ZYX-M 25
Castle Creations 35A Quad Pack ESC’s
Sunnksky X3508S-20 KV: 580
GEMFAN 1447C - 14" x 4.7 Nylon & Carbon Propeller

The system never held altitude, would drop and raise 1 meter constantly and the longer I kept it in the air the hotter it would get. The ESC’s overheated and cutoff. The motors ran hot! This has never happened on this rig. It never held accurate height, or GPS satellites. :eek:

To save a great quad, I abandoned what turned into a test lab and put a new Naza-M v2 onboard and just like the original Naza-M Lite, business as usual, she fly’s like a dream!!!

Now I believe 95% or higher of issues are end user. I’m going to build a test rig (F450 frame) from scratch and load up the ZYX once more. I’ve been researching and reading blog after blog but nothing stands out on this except like issues and some worse.

I was wondering if anyone here knows of any known issues with these?
Should the test build have the same results, then it seems it will be in that 5% but I gotta know for sure that it isn’t something I missed… o_O

Thanx!!

XNS

Search around these forums, I seem to recall reading about that exact FC and the problems with it.
Thanx John, will do.

I'm putting a tester frame together. Nothing fancy, a bare f450, something to experiment and learn on. I thought while it was on my Tarot it was going to burn it up.
I should have had a tester frame a long time ago…
Thanx!!!