Tarot T2D on Phantom FC40 three green blink issue, can't connect to gimbal controller

I got a Phantom FC40 with a Tarot gimbal for a Gopro Hero 3 off a guy on Craigslist. The gimbal worked fine when he demonstrated it and then the other day when i flew it.

I don't know what happened but now when I power the gimbal on, the LED lights solid red, blinks green two or three times, and then stays solid red. Nothing happens with the gimbal.

I tried unplugging and re-plugging the cable going from the square box on the camera bracket, and nothing happened. I powered everything off, unplugged and replaced, and tried again - nothing. I powered off, unplugged all cables, replugged them, and powered back on. Nothing.

I did some digging and found this link with a manual and some troubleshooting info: http://www.dronevibes.com/forums/th...mbal-users-manual-attached.18902/#post-163358

I can open the COM port, but it keeps the status at "COM port open successfully, please connect ZYX-BMGC". The USB interface cable is connected to the gimbal controller connector on the board. It's bent upwards a little, but it looks intact as far as I can tell. When I connect the battery power to the Phantom, the LED for the gimbal comes on, does the blink code, and stays red. Repeated power off/ons don't change anything.

I tried connecting to the motor driver connector, go into Motor Configuration, open the COM port, then power on. It shows "Motor parameters updated!" and the signal monitor shows 12.026v voltage, .008a current. Rolling motor polar # is 14, power 60, tilting motor polar # is 14 and power 35.

It looks like it can see the motor info, but if I try to update the firmware to 1.5 (it's at 1.4) and start the upgrade, it just hangs at "Starting upgrade procedure, please wait" and does nothing.

Am I looking at a seriously dead board here?

GlassKnees

I've had problems with the control board on Tarot 2 axis gimbals - I have replaced three of them. Don't know what the problem was. I was powering them from the balance plug on my lipo, but later decided to use a UBEC on both of my video platforms - a highly modified Parallax Elev-8 which now has the same motors/OPTO ESC's as my Tarot FY680 Pro hex machine. Since using the UBEC's I've had no problems with the gimbals on either aircraft.