Tarot Iron Man 1000 with RC Large Timer brushless Gimbal

jhardway

View attachment 18642

First flight went well, i just wanted to see how the video would look while just getting it off the ground for 5 min, I am pretty satisfied with the results so far.

Attachments

• e2DSC_3802.jpg
    e2DSC_3802.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 418

I prefer the 3 point landing gear over the retracting landing gear concept and it looks like you are using the Cinestar landing gear system with the 3rd axis motor connected to the bottom of the MR frame..... smart!

jhardway

noid1037

The set up is not to bad, I took the RC Legacy Brushless gimbal, found a center hub on the web, for about $80, then I used all those parts connected it to the a mount plate from a real simple hobby L brackets, I cut holes in to match up to tarots vibration plate for they 5D gimbal ($70) I also modified that to be able to be attached to the copter by a rail system. at the end of the day I feel you can make the gimbal for less then $1000.

I will take some photos of the connection over the next few days

jhardway

here's is a vid from the first test flight, the results were good, on the second clip you will see what looks like a still image but its the copter in a hover for about seven seconds until it moves. the vid is straight out of the camera with not processing, other making the clips.

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

Jack, what gimbal and camera did you use for Mac's House? Are you flying FPV or LOS?

You have some nice shots in that video. Good work.

jhardway

Av8Chuck thanks, mac's house is FPV with a 3 axis RC Timer NEX gimbal with Alexmos electronics. The camera was a rx100 with my tarot t810, if you all would like at other vids they are at www.elevatedmediaconcepts.com/video however other then mac's house and the solar field which were done with the NEX, the others were done on tarot 5D gimbal with the tarot stability.

best all

jhardway

here are some photos for the conversions and what I had to do, at the end of the day I had to figure out a way to switch up the pan motor, the Legacy pan capabilities comes from a pan cage that is above the gimbal, so in reality the pan is inverse to what is need. I found as cinestar knock off on line for a of Brushless gimbal. I then was able invert the part like needed.

Another thing the original gimbal did was it connects to the yaw component by using a 25mm clamp, thats were I used the L Brackets to be able to connect a CF plate for the horzontal plain. What is nice about he rail system it allows me the ability to slide the gimbal underneath the copter to position it in a balances state. I also have it attached by fly nuts that allows me to remover or connect the gimbal in a matter of 30 seconds.

View attachment 18704. View attachment 18703 View attachment 18705View attachment 18706

Attachments

• mail_DSC_4074.jpg
    mail_DSC_4074.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 401
  • mail_DSC_4075.jpg
    mail_DSC_4075.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 455
  • mail_e_DSC_4190.jpg
    mail_e_DSC_4190.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 496
  • mail_eDSC_4181.jpg
    mail_eDSC_4181.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 435

mephisto

Hi jhardway,

I'm also thinking about getting the BL Gimbal from RCTimer for my Sony CX730..

Unluckily I can't find a Version with Landing gear - or did you self-construct it?

thx,
mephisto

jhardway

mephisto

Ya the landing gear was part of the copters frame, the vibration plate is from tarot, there is three ways to do the legacy gimbal, first is installing retractable landing gear ($300+), second you could reverse where the center hub attaches to the gimbal and handle area (hand held version) then buy tarot landing gear ($80) for the t810 and replace them in where the down handles are that would work fine. Third is what I did find a center hub for a triangle gear, that also took a little modifiing but works fine ($70). I liked this way and thought it was a good way to balence it out, however not thinking about how I did it I beleive the second way I listed would work also.