Tarot 680 with Pixhawk

Chalagi

I just wanted to thank everyone that gave me helpful suggestions for my Pixhawk programming. Today I have it programmed and have given it a maiden test flight with the stock settings. Just waiting a cooler weather to get out and fine tune the pixhawk. And many thanks again guys.

Mactadpole

Good to hear! Be sure to try the new ArduCopter 3.3 when its released stable. I have been testing rc9 and rc10 with a beater quad and the autotune is way better than 3.2 plus many other great features. I haven't had any issues with these beta builds but a few have. Seems mostly related to those using Tower as their GCS now so it should be out soon. The EKF and Vibration bar graph windows are super nifty too!

Chalagi

Well right now I will stick to the stock firmware until i get better use to using and g my way thru it. Gotta take the "baby" steps as they say for now. But with the stock settings it really flew great and was very smooth with the sticks.

Old Man

I am so glad to hear you say that:) After all you've been though I can think of nobody more deserving of a smooth and event free flight.

Chalagi

Thanks again guys. Right now the only medical problem I have is the Polyneuropathy in my my hands and arms. I was told that there isn't a cure for this so I'm trying to deal with it anyway. As long as I can make my hands and fingers do what I want and need them to do I"m fine. I was extremely surprised and happy that my Tarot 680MM hexa lifted from the ground very level and smooth. The weather is changing here a little each day so soon I will hit the soccer field and get it fine tuned. And then comes the FPV and hopefully so fantastic flying.

Old Man

Thanks again guys. Right now the only medical problem I have is the Polyneuropathy in my my hands and arms. I was told that there isn't a cure for this so I'm trying to deal with it anyway. As long as I can make my hands and fingers do what I want and need them to do I"m fine. I was extremely surprised and happy that my Tarot 680MM hexa lifted from the ground very level and smooth. The weather is changing here a little each day so soon I will hit the soccer field and get it fine tuned. And then comes the FPV and hopefully so fantastic flying.

Unfortunately they don't lie. There is no cure but you can deal with it. Once the nerves degenerate there's no medical cure. My feet and toes, some finger dexterity, and other motor skills were impacted in 2008 and nothing I have tried has changed the situation. You just learn to work around it, and you will learn if you try to.

engin

Hi, so sorry for my bad english. I have a fy680.. I had a naza v2 but I changed pixhawk. I hava a futaba 14sg with dragonlink uhf system. I have a problem. I have opto esc ant Attopilot 180A pm, 6s 10000mah LIPO.
1-I don't know How to wiring pixhawk to opto esc.
2- I dont know 14sg model type (multi, heli,airplane ...) and other functions
Thanks again..

engin

Thanks for reply. I read a lot of issue. Somebody says cut red cable on opto esc, somebody say no cut red wire, you should use a bec.... Thanks again..

Chalagi

No need to cut or remove red wire on the esc. But since they are opto esc's you should use a bec for sure because you don't have any power coming from your esc's to the flight controller. I assume that you are using a pixhawk?

engin

I had naza v2 but I sold it. I bought pixhawk systems and neo-m8n gps. I will buy gimbal for sony a 6000. Iwill use with my streched 800 fy680. Should I use servo wire with red or only signal. I have futaba 14sg. What model type can I use (multi, airplane..etc.) Soory bad English.

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
If I understand you correctly, you are powering the FC through a separate power module. This powers the FC but will not power the output servo bus that would provide + power the the ESC. If your ESC are truly OPTO isolated, then each ESC will need power from the FC to power the OPTO isolator a in the ESC. This means you will need to provide a separate power source to the Servo Rail via a BEC. You will also need to add a Zener Diode to the rail power as documented in the Copter.adupilot.com site

engin

??:(
I have attopilot 180a. I will wiring it between pdb and lipo. And then I will wiring to FC..Then?? It is so difficult. Do you know a diagram about this issue..thanks again