Tarot 650, madien flight, crash and smoke

ChEB

at a loss here. Not sure what happened. I spent a month making sure everything was configured got everything working, got my radio configured. My goal was to just hover today a foot or two off the ground in GPS mode for the life of the battery. I did the calibration, got all the proper lights from the Naza M V2. Did a quick arm and spin test then lifted off just a foot above the ground. For reasons I can't explain the #2 motor or ESC failed and the quad quickly fell to that corner. Luckily everything is ok except the #2 motor is now dead. Might be the ESC but not sure. Below is the

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h3h11dk-ETM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Had you calibrated the ESCs? I'm assuming you did if you spent a month with it on the bench. Check your power connections. I just had the exact same crash. Turned out the cheap PDB was not sending solid power to the front right ESC. Looked fine during doing up inside and out, then of course killed my quad the minute I left the ground...

sorry you had to crash like this - but it seems you didn't do too much damage.

ChEB

I purchaed the programming card with the esc and it all appeared to program as expected once i a couple youtube videos and read some extra instruction. Only damage was a blade and now either a motor/esc. It s a fairly disappointing to put it lightly

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry, I meant calibrate the ESCs for throttle response. The little dance you go through with each ESC plugged I to the throttle output directly from your RX.

Was that done?

ChEB

The esc calibration was completed. One thing I may have done that was bad was spin the motors a full power without the props. At the time I thought testing them without launching it into the sky might be worthwhile. Wondering if spinning up without the load may have damaging

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
If the programming and throttle calibration were both done, that should cover it.

I don't think spinning the motors without load is super bad - as long as you didn't do it for an extended period of time. If you did it to test them I think you should be fine.

Slap one of the good motors on that exact chain (all the way from battery through to the ESC) and see if it acts weird. That's how I tracked down my power inconsistency.

Also, in your testing, did you ever feel the ESCs and motors to see if they were getting warm?

are you powering the FC from the EACs or a BEC?