T Motor Prop Adapters for TMotor 2814s and AXI 2814s to run TMotor Carbon Props

SMP

Oy, Have some TMotor 2814s and some AXI 2814s lying about and am trying to source T-Motor Prop Adapters in order to run the TMotor Carbon style props (the one with the flat hub and three mounting holes).

Anybody running these motors found a source for either, both, none of the above??

Got a pair of 10" with 4mm Center holes. Can you hand bore Carbon props???

Thanks all!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SMP

Chuckling here. Chris you're the friggen Wikipedia of the MR world ;) ;) Thx mate! Ironically i was just on GetFPV with a cart ready to pull the trigger on some other stuff. Serendipity!

Heres the thing... My problem is underneath. The TMotor and AXI 28 series all use the y series mounting holes in the bell w the traditional X adapter. Basically the two outside holes on the TMotor upper plate dont match the lower bell. Then theres the whole 4mm center hole in the prop and the 6mm shaft on the X adapter. I can see that they make 5mm traditional adapters... Think I can handbore those carbons out to 5mm??

ChrisViperM

In that case you have no other choice than to enlarge the hole, but don't do it with a drill-bit (unless you have a well equiped machining work-shop). Best thing would be to use a stepped reamer :

http://www.singahobby.com/?q=node/25116

....that will keep the hole centered. Carbon is a ***** to machine, so you might need a few of them reamers.....

PS: But the Axi's look like you can bolt the TMotor props directly....no sign of Y-shape: http://www.modelmotors.cz/index.php?page=60&kategorie=2814

Are your Axi's different ?

Chris

SMP

OY! You're brilliant, I'm an idiot. AXI's are indeed the same, 50% of my problem solved!! Damn Chris youre better than Google!!

Do have a reamer, lets see what kind of mess i can make with these things ;)

SMP

LOL, no worries, took the reamer to em, only to realize... I had taken the reducers out of the cart and forgot to put em back in. Oy.... second order, will see when they arrive.

(turns out you CAN chuck a reamer into a black n decker drill after all) :dejection:

SMP, did you get this to work? I'm in the same spot. I want to take advantage of the more efficient prop designs I see but they are all the 3mm 4mm 3mm configuration without a lot of extra real real estate for cutting holes.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMP

Not yet. Reamed the props to 6mm. Ordered and received the Die to take the tmotor prop adapter thread all the way to the bottom then had to head off to brazil for a gig. Just got back yesterday and realized I dont have a die holder sooooo off to amazon. We'll see.