System Requirements for Setup Assistant?

jwalsh1

Im in the middle of researching which products Ill use in my hex build, but Im about ready to go with the F550 running the Naza FC with GPS.

I realized that because I have a Mac at home, I dont have a way to run the setup assistant software for the FC. Instead of running Windows 7 in parallel on my laptop Ill buy an inexpensive PC laptop to run the setup on both the Naza (and Ill be able to use it for some of my other RC stuff).

Before I buy, the only system requirement I see for the Assistant is Win 7 or XP. So two questions:

a) will it work with Win 7 64 bit?
b) are there processor/RAM minimum specs I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

Jason

ROVguy

Good question Jason and one Ive been thinking of for a little while as like you I run a Mac operating system and like you Ive decided to go with a small Netbook rather than stick the software on Parallels. The main reason being my macbook pro is old (although still works fine) and its used for work and Id hate it to get it wrecked with my lugging it about a field. At least with a Netbook its smaller and lighter.... and doesnt cost a third as much to replace! However, it would be nice if DJI invested a little time in transporting the software to a Mac OS, or even to Linux!

Rich

J-B0t

Hey guys I just wanted to add my 2 cents on FYI DJI assistant doesn't work with Windows 8 customer preview. even in windows7 compatibility mode. Hopfully that will change but for now my field computer with win8 can't run it.

-J-B0t

jwalsh1

Thanks for the responses, its helpful.

I dont need to have a great computer to do this, right? Its a lightweight piece of software?

P

photocop

I'm running the Assistant on my iMac with VMware and it works fine. You'll need a Internet connection to register it.