XAircraft SuperX Configurator Error

dirtyharry

Why won't the SuperX open? It says "CONFIGERATOR VERSION MISMATCHING PLEASE DOWNLOAD CORRESPONDING VERSION" So frustrating

Last edited by a moderator:

jfro

Aerial Fun
Why won't the SuperX open? It says "CONFIGERATOR VERSION MISMATCHING PLEASE DOWNLOAD CORRESPONDING VERSION" So frustrating

It is probably because you installed the new software on the SuperX but did not put the firmware on the SuperX.

When you do the update, you need to make sure you download to your computer both the 1.08 software and firmware. Both then need to be put on the root directory of your Superx usb mount when it shows up as a USB drive. You also need to delete everything in your log folder on the SuperX usb drive.

Then you reboot and it auto updates the firmware and then deletes (or hides) the firmware file.

When you get the mismatch, it's because most likely you have 1.08 software and 1.07 firmware.

To remedy this, you need to put the 1.07 software back on the Superx usb drive. Then reboot and run it.

Then do the update again. I had the same thing happen. My problem was I couldn't get the firmware file to download. I had to redo it as described above and use Internet explorer as Firefox would show me and let me download the software, but got "could not find" the web page for the firmware file.

I did not have the 1.07 software, so another person emailed me the file. If you need the 1.07 software send me a pm with your email address and I"ll send you the file.

AGAIN, I ASSUME YOU TRIED UPDATING FROM 1.07 TO 1.08. IF NOT, ignore this post.....

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!

I'm not very familiar with the SuperX but it sounds like ether the software on your computer is an old version and won't let you hook up to the flight control or the firmware on the flight control is an old version and the computer can't link up with it.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i left a reply window open and didn't check before posting it finally......thanks for helping out jfro!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
You have to follow this exactly....

Upgrade instructions:
1) Plug the SuperX into your computer with power on. The SuperX drive should appear. It looks like a typical USB storage drive and should appear as a drive that is around 1.43MB on your computer.

2) Open the Drive and go into the "Log" folder. Delete any log files that are there. **IMPORTANT**
3) Open the software SuperX.exe that is currently on your SuperX. **Take note of any settings you have changed such as gains and OSD settings because the new software will reset the SuperX to its defaults**. Go to the "Info" tab and click the "Upgrade" button. This will open a webpage with your downloads. This is also a good time to take note of your SuperX ID so you can get back to this page in the future.
4) Download BOTH the 1.08 firmware AND software. Click the gray area that says "___ Edition 1.08" to download the firmware and click the gray area that says "SuperX v1.0.8.2' to download the new software. NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE AND KNOW WHERE IT IS PRIOR TO UPGRADING IT WILL NOT WORK.
4) Open the SuperX folder on your computer. Drag the new SuperX.exe file into the drive and replace the old one. This may take a minute.
5) When that is done click on the SuperX application. It should give a message that says "Configurator Version Mismatching". This just means that the firmware does not match the software.
6) Drag the firmware file into the root folder of the drive. Eject the drive from your computer and unplug the USB.
7) Unplug your battery to power cycle the SuperX. Plug the battery back in and you should see fast flashing red and green lights after it initializes. When the flashing stops the new firmware is good to go. Plug it back into your computer, open the SuperX software, and check that your firmware and software versions are now good. Be sure to readjust your gains, profile, RTH, and OSD settings.
8) IMPORTANT! Recalibrate your mid stick, high sticks, and compass per the manual or my videos.

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
Don't worry it happened to me. Just slow down and get your software and firmware in order as per the above instructions. All will be well in the end. My Super X upgrade flies beautifully.

anyone else having an issue downloading the firmware? I get a broken link. I can download the software, but not the firmware

dwango

Tahoelight...

i got a broken link too, but solved.. Do it manually. Copy the Serial number. Unplug SuperX. Clear browser cache. Go to Firmware update page of Xaircraft. Key in the serial number, without plugging in SuperX. You should be able to download the firmware. Best of luck.

Nope, that didn't work. I click on the grey box with the firmware version listed and it say Server Not Found. I can download the software from the list below, but not from the grey box. I even tried both on my laptop and desktop computers and no luck.

it attemps to send me to a page address of upgrade.xaircraft.com\data\xxxxxxxx\xxxxxxx\xxxxxxxx\superx.xfw

xxxxxx being my controller number.

kcsajtai

Edit the url in the browser and modify it like this: upgrade.xaircraft.com/data/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/superx.xfw (replace all backslashes with forward slashes) and voila! :)

Nope, that didn't work. I click on the grey box with the firmware version listed and it say Server Not Found. I can download the software from the list below, but not from the grey box. I even tried both on my laptop and desktop computers and no luck.

it attemps to send me to a page address of upgrade.xaircraft.com\data\xxxxxxxx\xxxxxxx\xxxxxxxx\superx.xfw

ross_badger

I had the same issue and message when I was using Firefox as my browser. I had to change to Microsoft Internet Explorer to get it to work. Seems like it is just an incompatibility with the browser.....

Try again using Explorer and it should work for you :nevreness:

I changed the slashes to get it to work. But, I am not impressed that xaircrafthas not responded to any of my support requests.

jfro

Aerial Fun
I ran into the same problem while updating. Software downloaded, but couldn't get the firmware.

I then redid it by copying the url from firefox (while I was in process of trying
to update firmware) into internet explorer and I was then able to download the firmware file. As I was doing this, I realized I had to do the same thing for the 1.07 upgrade 30-60 days ago.....

They do need to fix that. Pretty simple issue. Is anybody listening?????

wbrownj

Hi all,
So I downloaded both and applied the upgrade as per the instructions in this thread. All seems good but...
now when I plug the USB cable in and connect the superX to the computer it continually gives out a series of rather pathetic sounding beeps from the ESCs.
I can still get into SuperX.exe and it says software is at 1.0.8.2 and firmware is 1.08 all of which leads me to believe the upgrade worked but it did NOT reset all my settings. I set some of the gains down to 1.2 from 1.5 and after the upgrade they were still at 1.2.

When I plug in the USB, the flashing LED goes dim. I can't remember if it did that before.

Is it expected that the SuperX continually emits a series of beeps after the upgrade or have I missed something?
I did both calibrations but it still does the beeping when I connect it to the computer.

Thanks for any help

Jonathan

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hi all,
So I downloaded both and applied the upgrade as per the instructions in this thread. All seems good but...
now when I plug the USB cable in and connect the superX to the computer it continually gives out a series of rather pathetic sounding beeps.
I can still get into SuperX.exe and it says software is at 1.0.8.2 and firmware is 1.08 all of which leads me to believe the upgrade worked.

Is it expected that the SuperX continually emits a series of beeps after the upgrade or have I missed something?
I did both calibrations but it still does the beeping when I connect it to the computer.

Thanks for any help

Jonathan

The little cheeps are normal and also you should see your esc twitching the motors, nothing to worry about it's just letting you know it's alive!

David

affas

Thanks again David... you are a lifesaver :)
Jonathan

Same thing here but unfortuneately I do not have the 1.07 firmware so I can downgrade and try the upgrade again. Anyone that can help me?

All seems corrrect but the esc just contimous beeping after firmware upgrade

Electro 2

The little cheeps are normal and also you should see your esc twitching the motors, nothing to worry about it's just letting you know it's alive!

One of the things that was added in V1.08 is a safety feature that kills the "safe-to-arm" command to the ESCs when the USB is connected to the PC. Hence, with 1.08, this is normal for a PC connection condition. This feature is/was detailed in the release notes for the 1.08 upgrade.