Sudden Altitude Drop w Naza M

SMP

AD6 - Extended to XY8 - Extended Stupid Long Boom arms to Run 14's on 2814a / 5S. FINALLY found a a way to make this bird work. Gobs of power and finally able to lift a 5D3 w 24mm at 50% throttle... w T3i 50% goes vertical!

First several test flights flew locked in like our Skyjib! No vibration, handled AWESOME!! uper Stoked. Even though its heavy/wide for a Naza, feeling emboldened threw the RTH switch. perfect... Didnt expect that!

Decided to go circle a tree in GPS and in the process all of a sudden ALL the motors lose RPM, not a stop, not a dip, not a separate motor... all motors simply lose rpm and craft starts dropping) Grab Manual and copter rockets up... throw GPS.. Feels Funny, roll to Atti, still funny. Grab some more Air in manual, grab Atti again, ok, bit of wind, throw GPS ok... Back to atti and land~

So... casting about for some ideas where to start...

Simple GPS Dropout that the Naza just couldnt handle? ESC Calibration?? Booms Stupidly Large?? Finally got this AD6 into something that could really work but not sure where to really start troubleshooting on this one as I suspect am at the limits of a Naza boom wise but this was with a t3i, musky and quadframes LG (in other words well within weight of a Naza)

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I thought the Naza had issues with AUW, not sure what the length of the boom has anything to do with it. Not sure apart from your AUW, would be interesting to hear what the actual weight is as you was flying.

kloner

Aerial DP
this should be the light on the barometer, take a piece of black tape and put it over the left side......

SMP

Hmmm you know thats funny. I've always taped all my Nazas but for the life of cant remember if i did this one... Will see when I get back to the Studio.

Thanks for the replies all inc PMs. Couple good places to start checking.