Successful first FPV flight, kind of

mediaguru

I just did my first FPV flight on my T960 hexacopter. It seemed to work well, barring interference and signal dropping.

So the first question is how should I place my antennae? I seemed to eliminate the dropped signals when my RX antenna was perfectly straight up.

Also, I purchased mushroom antenna here:

http://www.getfpv.com/5-8-ghz-spironet-antenna-set-rpsma.html

Unlike the product page above, both of my antennae are exactly the same, not different lengths. No indicator as to whether one is for TX or RX.

Is that right?

Any tips on better reception?

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
theres no sticker or marking under the mushroom? there is rx and tx and if it was having problems, thats most likely the wrong antenna doing it. the very top and the very bottom of circular polarized has null zones, off to the sides is all biz. you want them to be straight up and down, you will see problems straight overhead, common problem. you can fly over head with a slight angle to both to eliminate it but sooner or later your likely to pivot the gimbal back into the null

I'd take a picture of the antenna and send tim a message, that's not right

mediaguru

Attached is a picture of the antennae.

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 207

mediaguru

I heard back from GETFPV.com:

"The ImmersionRC SpiroNet antennas have been updated so that both antennas have 4 lobes for better reception, and it no longer matters which antenna is installed on which end of your setup. I personally fly with them, and they are a huge improvement over the 3 lobe / 4 lobe antennas that they replaced."

Looks like these are fine. I just need to position the antenna better for less interference from the frame.