Strapped a 3Lbs weight to the Tarot T810 I built (video)

photojunky

I wanted to see if in GPS mode hexacopter would be able to handle the extra weight, so I attached a 3 pound weight to simulate a mirrorless camera. That's the plan eventually.
I noticed in GPS mode the throttle is far more tame than in manual mode. In manual mode if I give it full or close to full throttle it takes off like a rocket, but in GPS mode it is much slower. I've just started experimenting with the gains. Anyway, it handled the extra weight like it wasn't even there. I was impressed. The video is less than a minute.

Old Man

GPS always slows a system down, it requires time to calculate position, distance, speed, and altitude. The effect of more weight on a well designed system is typically most notable in flight time. Perform some tests comparing useful flight time heavy and light using the same battery and you will see this. I also have an 810 equipped with a Vector. Great frame!

Last edited:

violetwolf

Yes, love my 810 as well.

Stabilize mode is softer touch than manual for sure. For aerial video you want a little bit of a lazy flying machine for smooth shots.

photojunky

It is super stable in GPS mode, and I messed with the "expo" settings in the futaba remote which helped a bit in manual mode.