Strange Tendering Tactics By English Media Company...

Maverick

I received an unusual e-mail today from a guy called, Simon Harrison, who it seems represents an English media company who were looking for a UAV pilot/operator to do commercial work in London, at short notice, and also at a REDUCED rate.....

I thought this this was down right cheeky, as I don't know who these people are, and how did they get my e-mail address...???

I think my e-mail address has been compromised by Euro-USC, as I remember getting an e-mail from them a while back, and it had the whole list of people who also got a Cc of the same e-mail....

Has anybody else received an e-mail from kingdom-creative.co.uk ?

Here is a screen-shot of the e-mail :

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 240

Jumpy07

Yep, a load of people got the same email.. came to my personal email... which was only used early days with EuroUSC.. so can pretty much say they used the list that EuroUSC blanket copied everyone on...

Maverick

I was thinking that... That's the second e-mail like that I got... The first one was from a fela called, Geoff Tompkinson, trying to sell me a complete RTF Droidworx set up....

Last edited by a moderator:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
I got the email too but am not fussed in the slightest- he wants some work to be done and that cant be a bad thing. Admittedly because of what he is after, I am not interested but he is at least not telling me I have £1m locked in some African account awaiting my claim or some random person wanting to be my friend

Maverick

Lol... I agree...

My first reaction was that I thought it strange, that here he is looking a job done, in North London, on the cheap, at very short notice, and he's e-mailing ME, in IRELAND?????...

There's hardly a budget for my travel expenses, flying from Ireland.....??? :-D

Quinton

I got one also, so must have been the EuroUSC list.
Strange that you got the other one also from Geoff as I was in Istanbul with him last week doing a timelapse/hyperlapse course, thought I just got it as I had correspondence with him in the past.

Maverick

I got one also, so must have been the EuroUSC list.
Strange that you got the other one also from Geoff as I was in Istanbul with him last week doing a timelapse/hyperlapse course, thought I just got it as I had correspondence with him in the past.

Hiya mate....

No, obviously not... Looks like some are taking advantage of the email addresses in that blanket e-mail, even though they were asked by Andre Clot, to respect others' privacy.....

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Fair one about the budget constraints and you being in Ireland. Yeah, the email thing by EuroUSC was a bit of slip up.

Maverick

Fair one about the budget constraints and you being in Ireland. Yeah, the email thing by EuroUSC was a bit of slip up.

Ah well... What's done is done...

I was just curious to see was it just me that got the e-mail, or all of you guys too, thus confirming my suspicions....

Maybe some day it might lead to a job more suitable, and closer to home.... ;-)

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Silly BNUC people, there are plenty of programs around, some even free, where you can have a private mailing list without showing everyone on it who is in the list. You can even write letters in advance and schedule when they get sent.

Anyway, I haven't had that one, but I do get some strange ones where I think there MUST be someone closer than me. One last week guaranteed I'd be 100% ebola free. :)

Oh, and the 'only need a couple of flights'/'just a few minutes of footage' thing always make me chuckle, especially when they're asking me to drive 500 miles and spend all day there.

Last edited by a moderator: