Storm SRD280 V4 quad with Spektrum Dx6

bugattikid

Hey guys,

I'm new to drones but I'm very familiar with 3D helies and airplanes.

I'm interested in the Storm SRD280 V4 quad.
218baaae480101ef640cc2d49c936f7d.jpg

It comes with a radiolink at9 controller. I have a spektrum dx6. How could I hook up the quad to my controller? Would you guys recommend using a dx6 controller or do I need more channels?

I'm just not sure how I would hook this up. I'm just so used to how a heli is setup with simply a brain governor which everything connects to and 2 spektrum satellites. No idea how the flight controller of a quad works/is hooked up.

6ch would be minimum 8 is better. you need a minimum of 4 ch for a multirotor but when you add failsafe, gps/atti modes and then start adding on other stuff you need more than 6. As far as hooking up a different receiver it can likely be done, depending on the FC.

bugattikid

6ch would be minimum 8 is better. you need a minimum of 4 ch for a multirotor but when you add failsafe, gps/atti modes and then start adding on other stuff you need more than 6. As far as hooking up a different receiver it can likely be done, depending on the FC.
From the picture, it looks like i can possibly hook up a spektrum satellite. I don't plan on getting a gps drone. Do I need another channel to fly fpv or is that controlled by your fpv receiver?

FPV is usually separate. Camera, transmitter on the drone and receiver and screen on the ground. Except for power it is a separate system altogether.

bugattikid

FPV is usually separate. Camera, transmitter on the drone and receiver and screen on the ground. Except for power it is a separate system altogether.

Would it be hard to program a dx6 to the beerotor f3 flight controller? Is there a specific program that everyone else uses to configure the controller or do you just have to use the program that the flight controller manufacturer makes? I've been seeing this about Clean flight but have no idea what that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RENOV8R

I'm confused, as the pic you posted is RTF. No need to do anything with your DX6 as it comes with the Radiolink AT9 (which is far superior to the DX6) and R9D receiver. Plus full FPV system

bugattikid

I'm confused, as the pic you posted is RTF. No need to do anything with your DX6 as it comes with the Radiolink AT9 (which is far superior to the DX6) and R9D receiver. Plus full FPV system
So I guess it would be better to just stick with the rtf AT9 transmitter? Only reason why I'm interested in hooking up my dx6 to this controller is because I kinda wanted all my aircraft under my 1 controller and I'm familiar with spektrum setups and whatnot.