Still trying to fined right battery for F550

38super

Hi all
This is a question I'm sure has been around the block but sill have not found libo that does the trick for my F550. I thought I found the perfect battery from Maxamps
a 9000 mah xl . Work great till it craped out on me and cost me dearly. I returned it and they sent it back only to have brand new F550 fall out of the sky right in front of me. Thank God it landed on all fours and only broke the landing gear. I never saw my Spectrum 9 tell me ( WARNING 3,94V AND BUZZ AWAY ) only to see the hex fall
from 100 feet.... DAM I WAS LUCKY...... But what a shame I got 17 min with go pro and gimbal. I thought that was pretty good and that was not pushing it to it's limit.
What are you guys useing ....what times are you getting (with go pro,gimbal).......Not putting Maxamps down but they told me straight up battery was A1 condition
Going to call them tomorrow
P.S. gopro and gimbal were not on at time of crash or I would have been out a lot more..........

Mojave

Hi all
This is a question I'm sure has been around the block but sill have not found libo that does the trick for my F550. I thought I found the perfect battery from Maxamps
a 9000 mah xl . Work great till it craped out on me and cost me dearly. I returned it and they sent it back only to have brand new F550 fall out of the sky right in front of me. Thank God it landed on all fours and only broke the landing gear. I never saw my Spectrum 9 tell me ( WARNING 3,94V AND BUZZ AWAY ) only to see the hex fall
from 100 feet.... DAM I WAS LUCKY...... But what a shame I got 17 min with go pro and gimbal. I thought that was pretty good and that was not pushing it to it's limit.
What are you guys useing ....what times are you getting (with go pro,gimbal).......Not putting Maxamps down but they told me straight up battery was A1 condition
Going to call them tomorrow
P.S. gopro and gimbal were not on at time of crash or I would have been out a lot more..........

I use two 4S 6000mAh and I get about the same time as you or a little less if I go to 3.7 volts on my F550; there are a lot of variables. I use a DJI NAZA and the LED starts to blinking red when it is low and i have a sensor that relays the voltage via my Futaba 14SG radio. Have you studied this thread: http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?12819-Understanding-Lithium-Polymer-batteries

I found it very helpful.

photobobga

I've been using MaxAmp batteries for two years, would not trust any other Lipo with my aircraft and camera setup. If you are using the DJI low battery warning system I would recommend turning it off. I was never happy with it's unpredictable warnings. Buy a low voltage warning buzzer and plug it into the balance wires. Set it at 3.50 volts. From what I've learned most of the high end users depend on this. They also set a timer on their Tx to the safe time limits each battery will provide. Here is a link to the buzzer... http://www.helipal.com/battery-warning-buzzer-lipo-battery.html

Also... I'm using one MaxAmp 6500 4S battery and get 7 ~ 9 minutes on a very heavy setup.