XAircraft Stella Gimbal with GoPro 4???

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to quad copters and pretty much all the FPV stuff but I have been learning fast for some time now and bought an X650 some time ago and enjoying flying it.

As far as flying is concerned all is good and I am very pleased but now I am considering getting the additional kit to give the X650 FPV capability so as part of the kit of course I will need a gimbal and I have assumed that this is going to be the XAircraft Stella but the problem I have is that I want to also go for the GoPro 4 Black camera but I can't find any documentation that clearly stated that the Stella is compatible with the GoPro 4 Black.

Can anyone give me the answer to this and also please feel free to give me any experiences that you have.

Thanks guys

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners

Zirt57

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to quad copters and pretty much all the FPV stuff but I have been learning fast for some time now and bought an X650 some time ago and enjoying flying it.

As far as flying is concerned all is good and I am very pleased but now I am considering getting the additional kit to give the X650 FPV capability so as part of the kit of course I will need a gimbal and I have assumed that this is going to be the XAircraft Stella but the problem I have is that I want to also go for the GoPro 4 Black camera but I can't find any documentation that clearly stated that the Stella is compatible with the GoPro 4 Black.

Can anyone give me the answer to this and also please feel free to give me any experiences that you have.

Thanks guys

Naterpin ordered the Stella directly from XAircraft in China and when he did he asked if it would work with the GoPro 4 Black. Lucy (one of the people who can speak English at XAircraft in China) said yes it would and have used it themselves.

Jeff

If you email international@xaircraft.com and ask Anthony about your concern, I do believe prior to Stella being released it was advised that they had spoken to GoPro and were satisfied that 4 would work with Stella, from what I understand 4 is heavier than the 3 series this could affect the overall balance of the gimbles so best to find out before investing money. a better resource may be this forum http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2067792&highlight=stella

X
Hi X650Mouse, Thanks for your reply. I will send Anthony a mail as you suggest.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I just notice that the GoPro Black is 5grams heavier then the GoPro4 silver.

Yep! and as most gimbles are pre balanced to designated cameras this could cause issues with Stella as it has with Arris gimbles, that is why I suggested to contact XA direct.

X

Yep! and as most gimbles are pre balanced to designated cameras this could cause issues with Stella as it has with Arris gimbles, that is why I suggested to contact XA direct.

X
Yes the Stella is very light and the additional weight of the GH4 is a concern but I have sent a mail as suggested to XAircraft so I hope I get a reply and if I do I will share it on here.

So as your intention is to run this config I guess your the test pilot. Could I ask you to keep in contact regarding this as I am still s little concerned that there is no documentation to back this up from XA. I am also a little concerned that they are very slow to reply to emails not that mine is particularly technical and I guess even then I would still like to see it in black and white if you know what I mean. Spending around £500 is not a small sum of money and it has to be right and supported.

If it's any help I just had a mail from Mark at XA in the UK who has stated that the Stella works with the GoPro 4 so it all looks good to go.