Starting to really love fpv flying

Bobkeenan

So, I am new to the forum.

I am retired. Have been a B-52 pilot, rocket test engineer, and rocket propulsion Bus. Dev. Manager. Now I am a Uilleann pipe player, photographer, and beginning multirotor enthusiast.

I got a Parrot Bebop last November. And now have a Zeiss Cinemizer for FPV flying.

BTW being an ex USAF pilot and a Rocket Scientist does not help a whole lot with flying the multirotors but the Bebop is very forgiving.

Now I want to look into fpv racing and looking for advice of what I should get. i just joined a meetup group in Portland. They had a race day last Saturday....that I missed. but I would love to join them with something more responsive and less laggy than the Bebop.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you should head over to Bart's build thread for this year - a 250 size FPV racer. You can find it in the beginner section.

You have some great experience under your belt, and I look forward to your experience in the rocket and piloting world adding to the forum!

Have fun and fly safe.

sledge57

How do you like the Cinemizer goggles? I work for Zeiss and I believe I can get a pair at a discount (I don't work for the optical division)

Also if anyone has them and has suggestions for improvement, I do a have the ability to get suggestions to the correct people. Other than "make them cheaper.

Nothing is "cheap" when it has Zeiss on it...