Other Staaker Sports Drone

jeebs9

I couldn't find a thread for this Drone so I wanted to start one.

I've seen some other videos on this Drone. And man it does a really good job of following a subject. I've been looking for a drone like this since Lily camera folded.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jeebs9

Well I hope it lives up to the demo video.

Look at those one shot videos. It does a really really good job of staying with the subject. Best job I've ever seen.
Looks good, but I hope you didn't jinx it by using the term "Lily" in your comments
I think the product stands on its own. Just watch the videos. The Lily never came out with actually videos of it in action. This is the real deal in my opinion. And there are actual reviews out there.

Only 2 things I don't like about this Drone. Actually 3 things lol.

Prices is 1500. I've seen as much as 1700. Which doesn't stand a chance in this market right now.

With all that you have to buy a go pro. Which brings the totally to 2000 plus. Depends on which one you get.

And lastly, because gopro won't release the code or a developer kit. You can't control the camera. Which could be a killer. One review I saw. The reviewer couldn't show the footage because the camera error on him mid flight.

The review I was talking about.

RENOV8R

Well I hope it lives up to the demo video.
If it really is it's own video. If you recall, the Lily did release it's own video (or so they say) which turned out to actually be video taken from an Inspire 2. Hope this isn't the case here. Looks like a decent product but like anything new, I'd wait until all the bugs are worked out. Same reason I haven't purchased a Karma yet.

I watched a couple of you tube videos on it. There is actually a lot of buzz out there about this drone. It looks like it doesn't have collision avoidance though and they were flying it in ways that were begging for a crash on one of the videos I saw.

jeebs9

I watched a couple of you tube videos on it. There is actually a lot of buzz out there about this drone. It looks like it doesn't have collision avoidance though and they were flying it in ways that were begging for a crash on one of the videos I saw.
Thank you!

Let's not put one companies terrible experience with another one. This drone actually has people talking. And best of all. Actually has footage and reviews out there supporting it.

From some of the footage I've seen. It literally needs no input from the user. I've been through their FAQ on their website. They actually try to answer every question out there.

I'm not trying to put it down I was just pointing out that it doesn't have any collision avoidance and they showed one shot of it going through the trees. One thing all company's are guilty of is portraying their product in a positive light by having it do things that are not realistic in the real world, I saw a few of those instances in their videos. It appears to preform very well as a "follow me" type drone. The remote control doesn't look like it would be very practical if you tried to fly the drone with it. The good news is there seems to be a lot of you tube videos to help the consumer be better informed.

jeebs9

I'm not trying to put it down I was just pointing out that it doesn't have any collision avoidance and they showed one shot of it going through the trees. One thing all company's are guilty of is portraying their product in a positive light by having it do things that are not realistic in the real world, I saw a few of those instances in their videos. It appears to preform very well as a "follow me" type drone. The remote control doesn't look like it would be very practical if you tried to fly the drone with it. The good news is there seems to be a lot of you tube videos to help the consumer be better informed.

I know you weren't trying to put them down. I know collision avoidance is huge in our community now. Because everyone has it. I guess the follow features on this drone work so well in the videos. That I'm willing to put that aside for now (maybe next version). I'm getting a MP tomorrow. And I've watched about 100 plus videos on it. And the follow feature doesn't do a great job of following a subject. I paid my $1300 knowing what I got into. I'd love for DJI to come out with a Band.

But to come back to what you were saying. For the price tag you think it would come with avoidance at least.