Spektrum DX8 What settup Plane or Heli are you using on the dji''

VINHEX

I've been playing around with setups on my Spectrum DX8 and was wondering what people are using for the F550 Heli or Plane.. May sound a little stupid but are there benefits on each other?

Vin

VINHEX

Hi Chinwai,
Was this your default choice or have you tried both and thought the Heli was better.

I use mine in Acro (plane) mode, I read somewhere that it was easier to setup than Heli mode although I've never tried :)

Last edited by a moderator:

VINHEX

I've used both but was just wondering if it was better to use one or the other. I did think the Heli was easier but I must admit I seemed to get better control on the Plane setup.. Going to re-calibrate and set up again. I've had the F550 DX8 Ar8000 + wkm for about a week or so so now I know a little more about it all I want to try and get it perfect as you do.

Oylore

I use Plane setup.
I have tested bouth. I'm not sure, but think it was easier to set up all the channels, mix, etc..
Use AUX1 to Mode, AUX2 to the IOC and the last two channels to my Z15. (AUX3 to Z15-TILT and GEAR to Z15-Mode)

DennyR

I use plane - ACRO with 50% expo on Ail, elev.and rud. Plus voltage monitoring on the telemetry. On 2nd Tx for Zen I use 80% travel and 50% expo. on pitch, pan and roll. I moved from Futaba with no regrets.

yakjock

I have mine on a plane setup with a little flattening on the curve on the throttle at 50%

VINHEX

Just done another setup in plane acro must admit easier to do again now I know how too. Also setup fail safe again to make sure all is good. Not tested since had it I had a fly away with an ar drone which took me 3 hours to find but no damage. Just getting the nerve too switch off controller lol. Also trying to fully understand light sequence I get a purple light with a little clicker now and then with red.

chinwai

i saw it on youtube, i followed it to the dot and its working pretty darn good for me....plus im more familiar with heli set up than fixed wing...