Mikrokopter Spektrum diversity board and the dx8?

MikroJ

Can someone please shed some light here, I currently have a diversity board attached,
and ready to purchase a controller. With the issues I have been reading with the DX8 satellites/receivers. Im heading more towards the X9503 JR....

1. Am i right saying if you have the diversity board you don't need a receiver to bind?
would this take care of the "issue" would I still have 8ch? read somewhere I would only have 8?

2. If I bought extra satellites and connected them to the board (same as dx7 satellites) would this still bind , and how many channels would I have with DX8

3. Just buy a JR x9503?

Hopefully this makes sense.......:confused:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yo Jim.. how you doing.. Did I confuse you over the DX8, Did you fine the quote I talked about regarding the AR8000 and the satellite receiver?

I am sure you will ony have 7 channels with the AR7000 even if you use a 8Ch tx.

I would personally would recommend a controller that will accept the Jeti 2.4 module. I think the futaba do.Have you looked at the Jeti site to look what it is compatible with?

I just did here is the link

http://www.jetimodel.com/index.php?page=products&old=0&category=4

Dave

PS check these babys out...

http://www.jetimodel.com/index.php?page=article&id=16

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Can someone please shed some light here, I currently have a diversity board attached,
and ready to purchase a controller. With the issues I have been reading with the DX8 satellites/receivers. Im heading more towards the X9503 JR....

1. Am i right saying if you have the diversity board you don't need a receiver to bind?
would this take care of the "issue" would I still have 8ch? read somewhere I would only have 8?

2. If I bought extra satellites and connected them to the board (same as dx7 satellites) would this still bind , and how many channels would I have with DX8

3. Just buy a JR x9503?

Hopefully this makes sense.......:confused:

The DX8 has problems and not all of them are RX related, the owner of the LHS has had his back for repair 3 times now. As much as I liked my DX7 I like my JR 11 X better, too many folks have had a lot of problems with the DX8 locally for me to consider owning one.

On the diversity board if you use the standard Spektrum satellites and your TX has more than 7 channels you should bind at least one of them to the TX using the standard receiver that comes with the radio first and then just connect the rest to the diversity board then do the diversity board binding procedure. The default on the satellites is 7 channels but if you bind one with an 8 or 11 channel RX then it will know that the TX has that many channels and you'll get them all using the diversity board.

I used the satellite that came with my 11X that had already been bound using the standard RX and connected it with two more Spektrum satellites and then did a bind using the diversity board and I'm getting all 11 channels, the diversity needs to see the correct number of channels during the bind for it to work with more than 7 channels.

If I were in your position I'd just buy the JR and forget about the DX8.

Ken

MikroJ

Great thanks guys, I've just bought a JR X9503, I was looking at spektrum mainly because I can get it right now , and liked some of the features it has. As for the JR my local and near Hobby shops don't have them in stock, or if they did it was mode 1 !!! Even one guy tried selling me one saying it could be changed to mode 2, but I could not find any info about it and he couldn't show me on the spot!! By the way best he could do was $640 from $650.....pfffft. He said he could get a mode 2 in a weeks time, and I said "so can I for $100 cheaper, thanks......
So my question now is can I mix Jr satellite with spektrum satellites using my diversity board??

Thanks for your replies

Jim

MikroJ

The board is currently connected to the 5 volt pad, Can I run one Sat or does it need to be more than one because its connected to 5v? (looks like I'll need more Sat's sooner than i thought) :confused:

something I found - ahhh good ol google - looks like each sat is provided with 3.3v through the board, instead of 2.95v from FC so it looks like I can run one for now.....

Info for use with satellite spectrum:
It should be noted that the board is connected differently than a single satellite receiver.
As a separate voltage regulator (up to 4) satellite receivers, the board is to supply 5 volts (instead of 3 - voltage supply as the FC would be a single recipient).
The connected satellites are then supplied with regulated 3.3 volts - which again brings a little more security, since the receiver off from only about 2.95 volts - what about the FC-sized to supply something really short.

Quote from here = http://translate.google.de/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.mikrokopter.de%2Ftopic-22520.html&sl=de&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Last edited by a moderator:

The DX8/AR8000 sat. are fine. I fly with it all the time. No worries. The DX8 did have some issues with the vibration function but it only affected certain PID #'s and unfortunetely mine was one of them. I sent it in had it back in a week and all is good since.

zorba

So my question now is can I mix Jr satellite with spektrum satellites using my diversity board??
Yes you can as long as they are all DSM2. I don't think the DX8 is DSM2. I would not mix the Ar8000 with the rest of them.