Some Basic Noob questions about QAV250 build

RCMindBug

Hey all,

Just starting to build my first quad, here is a complete list of parts I'm using for this build. I need some advice or suggestions on this build.
  1. Being such a noob, I didn't realize the QAV250 comes with a PDB and also bought the BrainFPV PDB (mPB). What PDB should I use? The mPB has the 5v and 12v outputs already (not sure if the PDB on the QAV250 has or not, guessing not) and connects with my RE1 FC cleanly. Not sure what path to take. If I use the QAV250 PDB, I'm guessing i need some step downs?
  2. The DYS ESC have these plastic casings, should I use them? If no, what size heat shrink should I use?
  3. Currently, I don't know if I need wire as most components like the ESCs, Motors, etc. have some. But from PDB to vTX and other. What gauge (AWG) wire should I be using (I have searched for this answer and still unclear)?
  4. As a noob, once I get this bird ready to fly. What props should I be using 2 or 3 prop blades? Bought both Lumenier 5x3.5 and HQProp 5x4x3

Everyone thanks for your time and support,
Nick

Ray Dove Choi

The brain re-1 goes with its pdb. You do not want to use another pdb.

You can use them for protection as for a 250 size quad, a few more grams won't affect performance as it would on an ultralight build. As for heart shrink, they usually have a shrink ratio of 2:1

Signal wire 26/24awg would be fine. Same for low current draw, 22awg would be more enough for you camera / vtx

3 blade will give you more low end thrust and better grip. 2 blade will give you higher top speed.

RCMindBug

The brain re-1 goes with its pdb. You do not want to use another pdb.

Should I daisy chain the PDBs? Meaning should I solder the ESCs to the QAV250 PDB, then the QAV250 to mPB, and mPB to battery? Or forgo the QAV250 PDB all together and mount the ESCs to the arms? Another option is to use the QAV250 PDB as just a mounting board with glue or tape and wire the ESCs directly to the mPB?

Thanks for the reply